Complaint Review: Credit Collection Services

• Submitted: Mon, November 08, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, February 04, 2006

• Reported By:notsure Washington
Credit Collection Services
CSS, P.O. Box 9134 Needham Heights, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Credit Collection Services - CCS Ripoff fraudulent credit collection notices Needham Heights Massachusetts

*UPDATE Employee: CCS is NOT Fraudulant

I cancelled my auto insurance with Farmers insurance. He sent me a bill saying he had insured me past the date I had payed and asked me to pay an amount to cover those dates ($61.37) I sent him a check which cleared on July 14th.

In late July I received a notice from CCS. As I had already paid this bill I called their number and went through the touch-tone menus. The option I chose indicated that I had already paid the bill. They asked me to input how much I had sent. I indicated that I had sent $61.37.

Today I received a "second notice" indicating that I had still not made payment.

My bank register shows the check cleared on July 14th for the exact amount.

Today I call the # to find out what's going on. I get nothing but a busy signal.

I go to their website, it has no info except a page to take payment.

I think this place is a scam. Tommorow I am going to call my insurance agent and see if he ever submitted this bill to claims.

Jason
Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2004 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Collection-Services/Needham-Heights-Massachusetts-02494/Credit-Collection-Services-CCS-Ripoff-fraudulent-credit-collection-notices-Needham-Heigh-116765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Collection Services

CCS is NOT Fraudulant

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

What you entered into the automated system is called claims paid information. Sometimes this does take a little while to verify with the client. Especialy since it sounds like you paid the agent direct.

Unfortunately the agencies don't always have the best communication with thier corperate office. So while you are paid and setteled with the agent, the corperate office may elect thier right for recovery, not knowing this was already recovered.

The best thing you can do is send in a copy of the front and back of the check. If you are worried about account information you can either white it out or use a black marker on the copy.

CCS has to assume the claim is valid until they receive documentation to dispute the claim. That is what... as you said... your bank register showed. You can send that in as well, and also void out account info.

It is important that we have the documention so that we can help you dispute this with the client. But please make sure you include your file number on every paper you send in, this is located in the gray shaded box on the return stub it should start with either a 05 or 06. Send to the address about 3/4 down the page the paragraph is labeled mailing instructions further it will read a po box in Needham, Ma.

I do apologize for the fact that you could not get though to the company by phone. If you would like to try again to verify the information I have given you, the hours of operation are 8:30am to 12am EST Monday thru Friday. A different number you can try is 1-800-360-2821 This is a different department which has a lower volume of inbound calls. They can transfer you to the correct department. Once you are with the correct department you can ask to speak with a supervisor... you may even get me!

I hope this helps if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. I do apologize for any inconvience.