Complaint Review: CREDIT COLLECTION SERVICES

• Submitted: Wed, January 02, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: WTF — Someplace west Nationwide U.S.A.
CREDIT COLLECTION SERVICES
2 Wells Avenue Newton, Massachusetts United States of America

CREDIT COLLECTION SERVICES CCS Harassment Newton, Massachusetts

So I finally connected all the dots from what has been happening the past couple of months with my phones.

I came back to work today, and find a missed call from a number that has become real familiar to me. Its 617-581-1060. People that have gotten calls from this number know what a waste of time it is answering. I looked it up to remind myself of who it was and... I was like.. omfg. This is the same number that has been calling my home phone (they recently have been blocking the caller ID) and my cell phone for the past couple months or so at various times of day and multiple times per day. I have blocked them on both my home and cell lines, but in order to do that on my home phone my parents now have to dial *whatever any time they call so that their private number can get through to my line. I cant explain how annoyed they are, especially my dad.

Anyway, today I figured it out. I thought at first these people had found out my work number (odd, I thought... since NOBODY has this number, and I mean nobody) and then I realized... wait a second. These people have been calling here before. I went back through the caller ID history (thankfully the work line keeps everything) and they've been calling here since I got this number. Apparently the geniuses at CCS think that by contacting me, they're going to find the guy that used to have this phone at work. I dont even know the guy, never met him in my life. Now CCS is harassing me, trying to collect a debt that I presume is some sort of personal loan from Wells Fargo.

I guess now I'm going to have to dig out my old letter that was sent to another bill collector some years ago to stop contacting me (a letter they decided to comply with after the judgment against them) but I'm not certain how that works since CCS has no debt with my name on it that they're trying to collect for. Hopefully its the same process... because these people are not stopping. At this point my losses are minimal, but its going to take time to fill out and send paperwork to them, and I'm sure my cell has billed time from them calling me constantly.

So not only are these people lower than lowlifes... they're stupid to boot.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CREDIT-COLLECTION-SERVICES/Newton-Massachusetts-02459/CREDIT-COLLECTION-SERVICES-CCS-Harassment-Newton-Massachusetts-989942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CREDIT COLLECTION SERVICES