Complaint Review: Credit Collection Services

• Submitted: Sun, February 17, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By: Michelline — Boca Raton Florida United States of America
Credit Collection Services
PO Box 9134 Needham Heights, MA 02494 Newton, Massachusetts United States of America

Credit Collection Services CCS drafted 2 checks and withdrew funds from my checking account without notice or judgement against me Newton, Massachusetts

I was reviewing my bank statement and noticed 2 drafted checks that were debited from my account, the first was for $9.95, check number was #9999 and then a couple days later was another for $118.45, check number #1032.  The printed/stamped info on the back of the check that I was able to view online seemed to be purposely so crunched together and I couldn't make it out.  I started looking up the company name on Google and put 2 and 2 together and it was the balance due for my Progressive insurance that I let go.  I emailed progressive regarding the matter and this was their response:

"The security and privacy of our customers is important to us. A review of your policy indicates we received the payment of $118.45 on 02/15/2013. This payment paid off your outstanding balance. Please note, Progressive does not have any of your banking information on file. Information regarding the outstanding balance was sent to you on 11/05/2012 and 11/25/2012 prior to the balance being sent to Credit Collection Services (CCS). To file a dispute with the collection agency, please contact them at the following:
Credit Collection Services (CCS)
PO Box 9134
Needham Heights, MA 02494
Attn: Client Services"

Mind you the bank account was new and never used with Progressive, the bank investigated and there was no judgement against me presented to them.  I'm doing my best to figure it out and protect my rights...I realize it is MY debt, but that does not mean it is ok to do what has been done....To Be Continued.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 01:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Collection-Services/Newton-Massachusetts-02494/Credit-Collection-Services-CCS-drafted-2-checks-and-withdrew-funds-from-my-checking-accoun-1015609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Collection Services