Complaint Review: CREDIT MANAGEMENT, LP

4200 International Parkway Carrollton, Texas USA
  • Phone: 800-799-9524
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

CREDIT MANAGEMENT, LP dba CMI DATA SERVICES LP THEY ARE ATTEMPTING TO RIP ME OFF!!! I NEED HELP!!! Carrollton Texas

*Author of original report: Thank you

*Consumer Comment: Here is what to do

I recently received a letter in the mail from Credit Management that stated they are informing me that my account with Century Link formerly Qwest has been acquired by them and I owe $536.64. And if I dont pay the debt within 30 days that they will report to the credit reporting agencies as unpaid. They said rather than excersing this option, they would prefer to resolve this matter through pay options. WHAT MATTER I SAY!! First off, i had an old account with Qwest back in 2012 with a balance of $81 that was paid in full in 2012. How did they get my name and address? I have worked hard at keeping my credit crystal clean and now I have these Rip of artists trying to ruin me. What are my options? It hasn't been reported to the credit agencies yet, but it sounds like it's coming soon. What can I do to head this off?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2013 08:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CREDIT-MANAGEMENT-LP/Carrollton-Texas-75007/CREDIT-MANAGEMENT-LP-dba-CMI-DATA-SERVICES-LP-THEY-ARE-ATTEMPTING-TO-RIP-ME-OFF-I-NEE-1099169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CREDIT MANAGEMENT, LP

AUTHOR: Ted - ()

The information you provided me with is appreciated. I sent the letter out certified mail today.

Here is what to do

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

First of all you need to re-read the letter.

This sounds like an initial Dunning Letter from a Debt Collector, as such per the FDCPA the letter should notify you that you have 30 days to dispute the debt.   You can find many examples of dispute letters that you can use as a guide.

Just a couple of additional points.  Don't give them any information they don't already have.  So limit it to your Name address and the account number they reference.  That is don't give them your life story.  Let them know you dispute it and the reason why.  In your case, the account you had was paid in full over a year ago.  Also, do NOT sign the letter just type your name.  The reason for this is that some "less than honest" collection agencies will actually scan a copy of your signature and forge it on other documents.  Send the letter by Certified Mail with Return Receipt to be able to prove when they received it.  It is also a good idea to write the Certified # on the letter itself.

You should also put in a request that they only contact you through the mail.

Now, if it is not a valid debt that should be it.  But if they come up with validation of the debt, you will have to deal with it at that time.