Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Updated: Mon, July 15, 2013

• Reported By: gregaizi — Brooklyn New York
Credit One Bank
PO BOX 60500, City of Industry, CA 91716-0500 Brooklyn, New York USA

Credit One Bank How Credit One Bank ripped me of with its fraud Brooklyn New York

*Consumer Comment: You need to READ, READ, READ!!!

Credit One Bank have send me offer for a credit of $1500 and NO FEE.

I applied online as they suggested and at the end of the processing the website said that I approved for $400 limit with no option for me to cancel the application.

When the card arrived it surprised me not only with the limit but also it said that there is a fee of $75 . I decided to not activate the card as a sign that I do not accept their offer. It used to be good enough for other good credit cards.

Nonetheless, they sent me statement that I owe them $75 and when I called their Customer Service, they threatened me that they will report me to all three credit bureaus

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank/Brooklyn-New-York-11204/Credit-One-Bank-How-Credit-One-Bank-ripped-me-of-with-its-fraud-Brooklyn-New-York-1067107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank

You need to READ, READ, READ!!!

AUTHOR: FinanceAdvice - ()

I received their pre-approval letter in the mail as well and it clearly states: Credit Line UP TO $1500. The keyword is "UP TO" meaning your initial credit limit could fall anywhere between $1-1500 and in your case $400. It does not say NO FEES, instead it states $0 Enrollment Fee and $0 Over Limit Fees. The APR and Annual Fee(s) are in the back of the letter. Under FEES it states and I quote: "NOTICE: The Annual Membership Fee will be billed to your Account when it is opened and will reduce the amount of your initial avilable credit. If your Account is established with a credit line of $300, your initial available credit will be $225. Annual Membership Fee of $75 First Year. $99 thereafter, billed monthly at $8.25." What's done is done, you should have called customer service as soon as you wanted to cancel the card. Not activating the card and assuming that would cancel your membership fee is not the way to go. Don't wait for things to unfold, be proactive especially with your financial health. Best of luck to you!

justify