Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Updated: Fri, November 29, 2013

• Reported By: CICILEY LITTLEWOLF — MOORHEAD Minnesota
Credit One Bank
Las Vegas, Minnesota USA

Credit One Bank unwilling to take care of issue, supervisor demanding payment instead of addressing issue, call reps hanging up on me. Las Vegas Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: File a police report

In October my husband and I noticed we had thousands of dollars from unarthorized charges to our account from multiple states. I immediately called them to lock the acocunt and wanted to review the purchases made. The phone rep stated he could not do it over the phone but would send the last three months of statements to me to review.

Three weeks later after receiving the statements I reviewed thm and called them. The rep stated she couldn't access my account and couldn't review my account because it was locked. On Oct 28th we found more charges to our account and called them up to address it. The phone rep was more interested in me making my payments to cover the charges instead of helping me. After refusing to talk about the issue he started hitting buttons on the phone and then hung up on me.

My husband and I called back and found a female rep, who then helped us on the issue, and at that point, nearly a month later, finally froze the account, even though we had requested this weeks before. She then stated not to make a payment to the card company until the issue was resolved.

A couple weeks later I recieved a call from a phone rep, he kept insisting that I make a payment, I stated that it wasn't time to make a payment yet and that I didn't have the money to pay the amount he was insisting on. He then hung up on me. With my husband I called again to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was also not interested in hearing about the complaint, and explained it was impossible for phone reps to hang up on customers. He then stated that payment needed to be made on the account over the phone and that it wasn't possilbe to pay online. We explained that this phone call was not about setting up a payment but filing a complaint. He, along with us, began to be irritated but then became beligernt with us. After realizing the phone call was going nowhere we stated that we would be filing a complaint.

For their sake I hope they didn't record their phone calls, because it will be clear to whomever hears it how unprofessional and uncaring they are to their customers. As of yet they haven't taken care of all the charges and fees that are unauthorized.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2013 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank/Las-Vegas-Minnesota-89193/Credit-One-Bank-unwilling-to-take-care-of-issue-supervisor-demanding-payment-instead-of-1102944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank

File a police report

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

It appears your account was compromised somehow. The best thing you can do is to first file a police report for the fraud/ID Theft. Go to the FTC website to get details on what to do when you are the victim of ID Theft and follow the steps exactly.

In order to protect your credit, you will also want to send a copy of the police report to Credit One Bank and follow their procedures exactly. Don't rely on the customer service reps to help you navigate the system. Rely on the published procedures by both the FTC and the credit card terms and conditions. Keep a record of everything so you don't find yourself fighting collectors for the charges in the future. Good luck.