Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Submitted: Thu, January 08, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Credit One Bank
Post Rd Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Credit One Bank Rip Off, take your money Las Vegas Nevada

I signed up to get a credit card with credit one bank. I first got the offer in the mail and it was suppose to help me "build my credit history". So I got the card, which came with a $39.00 activation fee and an annual fee that would be broken down into payments of $5.95 a month. When paying your card either online or by phone, they charge a $7.95 processing fee. I have used this card just 1 time to make a purchase of about $120. I have had this card for almost a year and the balance never goes down, because of all these extra fees that they charge.

Well I have made all my payments on time since I have had the card. 3 times, they have charged me $29.00 for each late payment. I have never been late and I have paid this card at least 2 weeks early and was always given a confirmation number. After seeing the late fees on my statements, I called and gave them the confirmation number and they say that they can see when I made the payment but I did not have sufficient funds in the bank. WHICH I KNOW IS COMPLETE B/S because the funds were definatly more than enough.

So i canceled this card and then they charge me an extra $3.00 a month on my card for canceling. when I get my balance down a little bit by paying more than my monthly minimum payment I get a phone call saying that I haven't paid this account for 22 days and that I am late.

Get this, I notice on my credit report that they placed my account into collection after 2 weeks of them saying that they have not recieved a payment.

So I called them, very pissed off and asked them whats going on and they said that i have not paid and my acoount it is over the limit. I told them that the customer service rep took off the late fee because I was actually never late and she told me after the account was canceled that the late fee was put back on there and that I was late and needed to pay. I also looked on line and it said that I did have a credit and was not over the limit. She then told me that it must be a technical error!!!! OK YEAH RIGHT, JUST ANOTHER WAY FOR THAT COMPANY TO TAKE MORE OF YOUR MONEY.

Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 08:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89183/Credit-One-Bank-Rip-Off-take-your-money-Las-Vegas-Nevada-409873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank