Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Updated: Thu, May 02, 2013

• Reported By: Tim — Luling Louisiana
Credit One Bank
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Credit One Bank Illegally charged multiple late fees on a credit card which was paid in full Las Vegas Nevada

This past February I had paid my visa credit card balance online in full which was just over $1100. The card had a zero balance which I confirmed online. A couple months after, I had noticed charges on this card. A monthly annual fee and two late fees of $35 each. I never used this card and had no transactions since paying it off in full. It was last week when I had contacted Credit One Bank via their customer service number listed on my credit card 877-825-3242. I had asked them why my card had a balance of over $75 on it when I never used it and paid it off in full. They replied saying the late fees were because I did not make a payment on my monthly annual fee. So at this point I had told them, ok I want to pay the balance in full and cancel this credit card account. I gave her my debit card number to make the payment over the phone in full. The customer service rep put me on hold, came back and said "ok your payment was processed, I will transfer you to supervisor so you can close your account". The transferring failed and I was brought back to a main phone menu and had to enter all my info again. I got a different customer service rep this time. She had told me I had to make a $57 payment in order to close the account. I explained to her I had just paid the card off in full. She had transferred me to a supervisor, I spoke with the supervisor and explained everything that had happened. I asked him can he confirm my payment went through, he put me on hold and came back and said yes I do see the payment. I told him ok I want to close this account. He advised me to check the card in a day and confirm zero balance then I can close the account when it reaches zero. I said ok and asked him once again to make sure my payment was recorded, he said yes it was. I had just checked my account online, no payment is shown on this account, another late fee was added on 5/1/13. I had clearly explained to these people I wanted to pay the balance in full and close this account. Here it is a week later and they are illegally charging late fees to my card and damaging my credit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2013 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89193-887/Credit-One-Bank-Illegally-charged-multiple-late-fees-on-a-credit-card-which-was-paid-in-1048086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank