Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Updated: Tue, February 21, 2012

• Reported By: Dorislee — Sevierville, United States of America
Credit One Bank
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Credit One Bank added unauthorized charges to my account, no statement available online Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Are those the initial set up charges?

My statement in January showed 4 fraudulent unauthorized charges to my Credit One Visa card in the amount of $110. was told by person answering phone 877-825-3242, these would be removed as I had disputed them.  The following statement which I manage to find online, and later verified by a phone call to the "fraud" dept[888-362-0005} shows a balance due of $268 apx.  Again these were NOT charges that I made to this card, so it seems more charges have been placed against my card.  I know of nobody who would do this, and wonder if Credit One Bank itself is responsible for these fraud charges which I dispute.  There are many complaints listed online against Credit One Bank cards.  Unfortunately, I just now heard of them.  I was forced into bankruptcy in 2011, and trying hard to rebuild my credit rating, so I accepted the credit card offer from this "Bank".  Now it looks like this little lady of 80 has been scammed big time!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2012 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89193/Credit-One-Bank-added-unauthorized-charges-to-my-account-no-statement-available-online-L-830195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank

Are those the initial set up charges?

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (USA)

Credit One is a rebuilder credit card that has fees and initial charges when you open the account. Did you see the Terms and Conditions of the card? Once you pay off the initial charges, including the first years annual fee, then no other charges accrue to the card without you charging them except for the annual fee divided into 12 monthly payments beginning year two.

I am not an employee but I had this card. It is a decent rebuilder card after BK. But you can't ignore the terms and conditions. It is meant to be a short term card too.