Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Updated: Thu, April 12, 2012

• Reported By: paulat — Carrollton Texas United States of America
Credit One Bank
PO Box 98872, Las Vegas, NV 89193 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Credit One Bank Fraudulant practices on not closing account when fully paid!! Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: The correct way to close down these snakes.

Credit One Bank
P.O.Box 98872
Las Vegas, NV 89193
To Whom It May Concern:

I was a Credit One card holder, or I am trying NOT TO BE.

In June , another credit card company, tried to transfer the balance of the Credit One card to their account and were told you didnt do transfers. I inquired as well and you told me the same story. On 6/16/11 I made a normal payment of 63.95 and by 6/29 you received a check for 523.13 to close the account. I received another notice of a balance and was told there was a remaining 11.00. I was also told if I wanted to pay my bill immediately there was a 10.00 express payment fee. Even though I
thought this was wrong I paid 21.00 on 7/20 to finalize and pay off this account.

This account has never been closed and I am at wits end on what to do to get it closed. On 7/20 I talked to a Tracy Wilson at 12:30 pm who assured me she would get it closed. After more e-mail notices I called on 8/9 at 11:40 am and was given assurance it would be closed and was even given a confirmation number #446947293878 and was told a letter would be sent to confirm this. More e-mails came saying I was past due.  I called 9/6 at 10:00am and was told the same story that my account would be closed and a letter would be sent. On 9/27 I talked to a Matthew who said he was a supervisor but could not give me a last name according to policy but his #was 50918 and he would personally get a letter out to me. No letters ever arrived. I did ignore my e-mail for a time thinking it hadnt caught up yet with the resolution. More e-mails came and I called at 10:04am on 1/12 demanding that I talk to a supervisor. I was disconnected after waiting on the line until 10:25am. At 3:30 pm I called back when I finished work and talked to Stanley, again no last name allowed, his # 50102, a supervisor who assured me he would personally close this account and send me a letter saying as much.

Today it is January 17, 2012 and my balance is .01. I expect more fees and charges to be added on as they have since I closed this accounton and on and on.

What does a person need to do to close an account with you? I dont know what else to do --As of today I am writing TV Stations, The Better Business Bureau, and a lawyer. If this hurts my credit in any way I will take legal action. Saying I want prompt attention to this matter is long past. This is so incredibly ridiculous that I shudder to think how you hold down the people with bad credit (this is who your target audience is) and make them prisoner to your card and fees. Ten dollar fee for making a prompt payment? No balance transfers? No closing of accounts no matter what is done??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2012 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-One-Bank/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89193/Credit-One-Bank-Fraudulant-practices-on-not-closing-account-when-fully-paid-Las-Vegas-824081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit One Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

The correct way to close down these snakes.

AUTHOR: Peedoff - (United States of America)

when closing your account, better to not even open one, cut up the card, send it back certified mail with a nice little letter, "close my freakin account" if they dont:  file a complaint with the comptroller of the united states. these people are the ones who give credit one the money to be a bank, and they can take it away. action is quick.  just make sure your in the right ie, dont have a bunch of late fee's, missed payments ect..