Complaint Review: Credit Source One - Paul Newman

• Updated: Thu, February 27, 2014

• Reported By: BarbT — Las Vegas Nevada
Credit Source One - Paul Newman
1700 Horizon Ridge Pkwy., Suite 200 Henderson, Nevada USA

Credit Source One - Paul Newman - Advantage Group Perks credit repair Henderson Nevada

*Author of original report: NO PAYMENT RECEIVED

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ripoff Report

We signed up for his credit repair service August 2013.  Paul Newman & Bernadette have lied to us since day 1.  Nothing has been done about our credit. We paid for his credit repair services in tune of $800.  I have proof from the credit bureau that in 6 months of having his "fix our credit"  no disputes were initiated.

He now is claiming he does not own the company, and Bernadette is not an employee anymore. He is now saying that company is filing bankrupcy.  Which he owns and claims not to.  His business license is revoked on the secretary of state website.

After doing much research he starts companies, steals people's money, make a fake money back guarantee, then says his company is filing bankrupcy and you've lost your money after his "Money Back Guarnatee".

I'm contacting the Attorney General and filing a small claims court.  I suggest anyone who has been screwed by his do the same!  Don't let him scam you out of his money.  New business name is:  ADVANTAGE GROUP PERKS, same location:

1700 Horizon Ridge PkwySuite 200
Henderson, NV 89012
Office: (702) 755-7552
Fax: (702) 947-4223
Email:paul@advantagegroupnevada.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Source-One-Paul-Newman/Henderson-Nevada-89012/Credit-Source-One-Paul-Newman-Advantage-Group-Perks-credit-repair-Henderson-Nevada-1127053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Source One - Paul Newman

NO PAYMENT RECEIVED

AUTHOR: BarbT - ()

In response to your rebuttal we have not received the payment in full as of July 14th, 2014.

Also I would love to see my file documenting all the work you've done.  Which I have never seen, and when asked for was never provided.  In addition to being lied to constantly that I can log into a non existant website to view progress.

I am taking a strong stance on this because $800 of my hard earned money was stolen from me.  As well as many people in our community.

If you read the reviews on yelp regarding your credit repair services I am not the only one who was taken advantage of.

Since then I have contacted several other reputable and honest credit repair companies in Las Vegas who have taken a look at my credit report and said that we should never have been taken on as clients by you.  That there was nothing you could fix.

One of those companies that did review our credit was the company that you state "5.We tried to merge our company with another business, but tthe owner became sick and could not keep the company open."  The owner of that company is 100% in business, and in a legitimate credit business.  The reason you did not merge is because he found out what type of scam you are running and did not want to have his good name tainted.

Also you claim you were never an owner of the company.  If you look on secretary of state your name clearly states as owner:  Paul Newman.    In addition your business license was revoked in 2011.  You did business with us in August 2013.  Which is another violation that you should be reported for.

There are countless people I have spoken to that you have ripped off that are trying to take you to small claims court and file with the state attorney, but cannot find out an address to have you summoned.

So please seek legal counsel regarding my ripoff report and contact me with your current address as I would like to take this to court would love to have this issue resolved.

You have a choice to do what is right and refund us the remainder of the money or have this dispute continuted.  Either online or in court.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

This is a response to your concerns regarding your credit file. The information here is well documented and stated in your file.

I am confused why you are taking such a strong position and are so upset about the job that was done for you by our company.  The company has helped and educated over 4,000 clients over the past six years.

I wanted to clarify some facts related to this matter:

1. Your account was worked on diligently before and even after the company shut down the business in August 2013. Up to this date, and until February 2014, letters were sent out on your behalf.
  2. Ops Manager told me that you agreed to a 50% refund, which I started making payments on last month, and sent a payment as recent as two weeks ago.
  3. I am refunding 100% of the balance which will be paid in full by next month, May 2014.
  4. We’ve had one name change during a six year period. This was due to a merger; however, the phone number, fax, and website remained the same until we closed our doors.
  5. We tried to merge our company with another business, but the owner became sick and could not keep the company open.
  6. I was never the owner or principal of the company from day 1 on.
  7. I am no longer in the credit repair/ restoration business.

Our clients are made fully aware of how the credit repair/restoration process works. Everything we do is in writing and fully disclosed. There are so many variables that come into the picture, and there is never a promise for any specific outcome. When challenging items that are in collection or reported inaccurately are removed, odds are that they will reappear, unless the debt is settled. We teach all our clients that negotiating and settling directly with the creditor is the correct way to achieve the best results from the creditors and the credit reporting bureaus.

I am sorry for any miscommunication that has occurred as a result of working on your file. As you know, the Ops Manager had some major health challenges, and I am sure that only added to the confusion. I intend to fully refund 100% of the money you paid, even though as stated above, we have diligently worked on your file.

I do not want this to go on any further, and am respectfully asking you to remove any and all derogatory information on the recent rip off report you posted.  I have sought legal counsel and was advised to get this resolved amicably. Please consider the documented facts above.

Baker