Complaint Review: Creditors Interchange

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 16, 2008

• Reported By:N. Canton Ohio
Creditors Interchange
23355 Mercantile Road, Suite 9000A Beachwood, Ohio U.S.A.

Creditors Interchange They stated they represented the Ohio Attorney General and I had to call them immediately. Beachwood Ohio

I received a phone call from these people stating, "I am calling on behalf of the Ohio Attorney General, and Norman, you need to call this number immediately."

First of all, I have been an attorney for 36 years and there are only a few people that are allowed to call me "Norman" like that. Second, we do not have any debts outstanding and we are not in any financial trouble. I did some research on the internet into this company. The Ohio Attorney General has given them a license to go after distressed debt, but they were turned down for a contract to go after other categories of debt.

Today, we learned that they were calling about a business named Covered Wagon. Covered Wagon was a client - using that term loosely - about 25 years ago. They asked me to help them get some amendments to their lease. I got them the amendments that they requested, then they refused to pay me anything for my services. I have a policy not to go after clients for unpaid bills. But that is what occurred between myself and Covered Wagon. The owner of that business was tied to an oxygen tank three years later, and I am sure he is dead now. The caller for Creditors Interchange did not even know his name. They asked me and I no longer remember. If this bogus obligation is owed to Covered Wagon, a business only has a limited time - I believe it is three years - to wrap up its affairs and thereafter, everything is unenforceable. Covered Wagon has been out of business for over 20 years. Last but not least, with this man dead and the company out of business this long, there is no distressed debt here. But this woman on the phone insisted this was distressed debt.

There is enough stress with the normal, real pressures of life. Bogus debts and companies of this kind are the scourge of the earth. I am willing to help you go after these people. I am glad to see there is something organized and set to do something.

Norman
N. Canton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Creditors-Interchange/Beachwood-Ohio-44122/Creditors-Interchange-They-stated-they-represented-the-Ohio-Attorney-General-and-I-had-to-340566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Creditors Interchange