Complaint Review: creditreport.com

• Submitted: Mon, April 12, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, April 12, 2010

• Reported By: aduran65 — North Miami Florida United States of America
P.O. Box 1829 Agoura Hills, California United States of America

creditreport.com I signed up for 3-Bureau one time credit report and was also lured into a identity protection scam Agoura Hills, California

I paid to receive a 3-Bureau credit report from this company only to later on find out that was also being lured into a credit card protection scam where I would be charged $14.95 automatically every month. I contacted them to complain and their response was I signed up for it and maybe had forgotten. I told them I was positive did not apply for this service but they assured me it was somewhere in their customer aggrement jibberish that I would have the service automatically added and billed thru my credit card unless I would cancel it ahead of time. This is a big lesson for me! If you need to get your credit report go to annualcreditreport.com and not these guys.  As soon as I paid for my credit report on 03/05/2010, I noticed my credit card was immediately charged $29.95 but they were advertising online only $19.95 for all 3-Bureau reports! So I called them immediately to complain and they credited me $10.00! When I noticed the $14.95 fee was being processed in my account on 04/16/10, I called them again to complain and cancel the account but this time I spoke to a so call "manager" who offered a $5 good will credit back. I told him I would contest the charge directly with my bank and I would make sure to tell others about their scam!. Beware of these guys! Don't use them! Otherwise, you will be in for a big suprise!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2010 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/creditreportcom/Agoura-Hills-California-91376-1829/creditreportcom-I-signed-up-for-3-Bureau-one-time-credit-report-and-was-also-lured-into-592488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on creditreport.com