allowances

• Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — Las Vegas Nevada
Crescent City Auction Gallery
1330 St. Charles Ave New Orleans, Louisiana United States of America

Crescent City Auction Gallery Adam Lambert WARNING Auction House Cheats "Precious Metals FRAUD" New Orleans, Louisiana

I won a gold pocket watch chain that was stated as being 15k gold in both the listing title and the listing description. When I received the chain in the mail I immediately had it tested only to find that it is not 15k gold but only 9k gold. This test was performed by a professional using a Spectrometer which x-rays the piece, giving an exact reading of the gold content. I immediately contacted Crescent City Auctions to inform them of my findings. Instead of apologizing and asking me how I would like to resolve this, they claim that they had acid tested it and they are standing behind their initial statements in the listing as the chain being 15k gold with the owner Adam Lambert leaving me with, "There's nothing more I can do". I have since filed a complaint with the Louisiana Auctioneers Licensing Board. It is a shame that I will have to fight this out, that Crescent City Auction Galleries would not just simply "do the right thing". [continued below]....
..... Their goal is to cheat the on-line bidder who cannot be there to physically inspect merchandise. With that said, I would steer clear of any dealings with this Fraudulent company who will no doubt, find a way to rip you off whether you are trusting them to sell an item for you or looking to bid in their auctions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crescent-City-Auction-Gallery/New-Orleans-Louisiana-70130/Crescent-City-Auction-Gallery-Adam-Lambert-WARNING-Auction-House-Cheats-Precious-Metals-F-1043417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crescent City Auction Gallery