Complaint Review: Crescenta Valley Tow

• Updated: Thu, August 15, 2013

• Reported By: Single mom taken advantage of — La Crescenta California
Crescenta Valley Tow
4456 Cloud Ave La Crescenta, California USA

Crescenta Valley Tow CV Tow THIEVES AND LIARS - Tow Truck Company La Crescenta California

This towing company towed my car illegally. When I called the sheriff to see if they towed it for some unknown reason, they said that there were no citations issued to the car and there was no record of notification that it had been towed. When I called Crescenta Valley Tow, they stated that they did not have the car and the woman on the phone really didn't sound like she even tried that hard to look for it. 6 months later I received a call from a collection agency stating that they were "an attorney hired on behalf of Crescenta Valley Tow" to collect over $1,200 in towing and storage fees. When I asked them how I could get my car back, they told me that I couldn't because Crescenta Valley Tow SOLD it 36 days after they towed it (DESPITE TELLING ME THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE IT TO BEGIN WITH) for ONLY $300!!!! Since I had reported the car stolen, the sheriff told me that there was nothing I could do because the ownership had been transferred to a FICTICIOUS person! The sheriff even went to the house of the alledged new owner and there was no one there by that name!

WHAT ENDED UP HAPPENING IS THE OWNER OF THIS TOWING COMPANY "AUCTIONED" THE CAR TO HIMSELF AND THEN SOLD MY CAR FOR A PROFIT; MEANWHILE FRAUDULENTLY REPORTING THE NEW OWNER AS SOMEONE ELSE WHO DIDN'T EXIST!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2013 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crescenta-Valley-Tow/La-Crescenta-California-91214/Crescenta-Valley-Tow-CV-Tow-THIEVES-AND-LIARS-Tow-Truck-Company-La-Crescenta-California-1076075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crescenta Valley Tow