- Report: #1094118
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Crestline Windows
Crestline Windows1211 Depot Street, Manawa , Wisconsin USA
Crestline Windows, KVW Windows & Doors, Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork Co, Inc. Bad long-term decision to get these doors and windows Manawa Wisconsin
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This in an old purchase, not recent. I had Hope Lumber in Denver measure and install new windows and a patio door in my home in October 2002. Virturally nothing went correctly with the project. Here are the issues that took place and have taken place since then. I am only now finding a way to report the issues and problem 5 has gotten worse and worse.
1. The windows were measured by Hope Lumber. I watched to be sure that all the dimensions were correct. I double-checked. I paid for custom sizes on every window. The windows arrived - 7 double windows, a bay window and a set of patio doors. EVERY window and the doors were the wrong size. I have always suspected that the openings I had were slightly off-size but Crestline sent their standard sizes. They couldn't have mis-sized every piece by accident. While installation, every window sill had to be removed and taking offsite to be trimmed to fit the top to bottom dimension. [continued below]....
2. The windows that came were NOT the model I had ordered, as described by the Hope Lumber salesman. I CANNOT say whose fault this is and I didn't realize the issue until the windows are almost all installed and the previous windows had been removed. I had been sold windows that allowed owners to wash the outsides from inside by disconnecting the hinge somehow...I don't remember the details. My house is 2 stories so the upstairs windows cannot be easily cleaned and must be accessed by a tall ladder.
3. The patio door came assembled backwards so the contractors had to take it apart and reassemble. It's never fit right and there is a significant gap between the doors that wind comes through. Due to how it's constructed there is no way to seal the gap AND allow the door to be opened. It is also 4" shorter than measured so several friends have to duck to get through it.
5. The bay window has the wrong bow so the soffit had to be replaced to accommodate the smaller bow of the new window. Siding had to be purchased which took an extra day to procure and install. The original bow window they sent was completely the wrong size so a new one had to be ordered and re-sent which required the contractors to return a week after the initial two days of installation.
5. Since installed, several of the windows have gotten a nasty internal film and have gotten progressively hazier. Between the glass panels there is now a blue haze and the windows look filthy. The ways it's splashed primarily along the sides it appears it's from the glue used to seal them and in several it appears there is some type of corrosion. Not sure what it is but it really makes the windows ugly, especially the bay window as people arrive at the front door.
I think this is all of the issues I had/have but to say the least I am very dissatisfied with the windows to the point I considered replacing them after only 5-6 years when the haze/film started blurring them. The dining room, kitchen, and bay windows are all badly affected. I have no doubt they will affect the value of my home when I sell it.
The caulking, filling the wide gaps has started cracking and will need work to be repaired and repainted.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2013 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crestline-Windows/Manawa-Wisconsin-54949/Crestline-Windows-KVW-Windows-Doors-Kolbe-Kolbe-Millwork-Co-Inc-Bad-long-term-dec-1094118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.