Complaint Review: Cricket Wireless

• Updated: Sun, December 09, 2012

• Reported By: Madiwasrippedoff — Maryland United States of America
Cricket Wireless
New Carrollton, Maryland United States of America

Cricket Wireless Leap TOOK MY MONEY GAVE ME DEFECTIVE PHONE WON'T GIVE REPLACEMENT OR REFUND New Carrollton, Maryland

I purchased (online) a handset from Cricket. Order Date: 2012-11-29 Order Number: 143989760 I have not been able to use my Cricket handset since 12/6/12 and still not able to.

They sent me a DEFECTIVE handset, it stopped working not even one week after purchase.  All day yesterday I spent time on the phone with customer service, the escalation department (#CR1004038), tech support (#TKT78277) and visited a corporate Cricket store (New Carrollton, MD) to be told that my insurance did not cover it.  EVERY rep tells me I need to pay MORE MONEY to get a new handset! I'M NOT GIVING THEM A DIME!! I was promised a call back all day yesterday - NOTHING!! I call all morning today EST and got no answer at the escalation dept (858-882-600), no way to leave a second message and a NEVER ENDING LOOP of the same automated prompts. I call Cricket's customer service (saying that with a laugh) and get Yen ID# 9591 who tells me I need to talk to tech support.  Tech support sent me to the insurance company who told me I can't file an insurance claim because it is still covered by Cricket (IT IS TOO SOON) and the insurance with them does not kick in UNTIL AFTER 12/14/12.  CRICKET IS TRYING TO DRAG THIS OUT SO I WILL HAVE TO PAY THE INSURANCE TO GET A NEW HANDSET AND THEY GET MORE MONEY.  I spoke with Jacob at Esecuritel (insurance company claim number 3569-55107739) and he also mentioned Cricket has a 30 no questions asked return policy.  This is the second time I have heard this AND NO ONE IS HONORING IT!! Now I'm on the phone with April (ID#9569AA6272)she sent me back to the online purchase dept (Melvin ID#9591) AGAIN! She said it would and should be replaced since it is less than 30 days!  I have spent in two days so far over 7 hours trying to get Cricket to do the right thing! I put a ticket in to Cricket's Facebook Help tab as per their direct post to my comment on their page.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2012 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless/New-Carrollton-Maryland-/Cricket-Wireless-Leap-TOOK-MY-MONEY-GAVE-ME-DEFECTIVE-PHONE-WONT-GIVE-REPLACEMENT-OR-REFU-979872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless