Complaint Review: Cricket Wireless

• Updated: Sat, January 11, 2014

• Reported By: ravenhair — Bridgeview Illinois
Cricket Wireless
Portland, Oregon USA

Cricket Wireless Todd #0518 Lead payment in the Oregon Office he is the head supervisor Cricket charged me double & refuses to refund my money Portland Oregon

On 1/9/14 I went on line to the Cricket web site to pay my monthly fee of $36. I paid with my debit card. I received an error message, that said my payment didn't go through. So I called & made the payment with a rep over the phone, who assured me I would only be charged once for the payment.

On 1/11/14 I viwed my online statement & called the bank to confirn that Cricket had charged my account twice, so I paid double for the month of January, $72.

I called Cricket repeatedly, & every rep stated to me the other charge was a authorization hold that would fall off the account. I have had these holds before, & this was not a hold. This is a deceptive business practice by Cricket so they can scam to keep the over payment. Cricket went into my bank account, not with a hold, they debited my account twice.

Cricket stole unauthorized funds out of my bank account & I am out the money. They repeat the same script  refuse to admit or accept any documentation from my bank that the account was charged twice in error. They have refused to refund the over payment.

To make things worse, the crappy phone won't take a charge, & is inoperable, but I paid the bill in good faith planning on buying a new phone.

Cricket has refused to refund my money or credit me the additional month that I paid for. I spoke with the head supervisor, Todd # 0518, who steadfastly refused to return the unautorized payment to me bank account or assist me in any way. He was very rude & ended the call, although I was very polite & calm throughout the conversation. He became very nervous when I called my bank on another line & refused to offer any assistance. Every rep I spoke to stated the bank will refund my money. If this were an authorization hold, the funds would be returned to the account, but it was never an authorization hold. It was a deliverate debit by Cricket.

Cricket took unauthorized funds from my account, I'm out the money, & I can't get it back. All I got was red tape & the run around.

There customer service reps are terrible & very rude. There is voice mail hell & wait times are  always over 30 minutes. It's very difficult to reach a person because they give you numbers to call that are only automated recordings. If you press 0 to try to reach a live person you are disconnected.

This has been a very stressful experience, I have been scammed by Cricket & they have stolen my money. Stay away from ths company, it is the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my life. It a lot of  money to me, I'm  barely making ends meet & they took advantage of me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2014 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless/Portland-Oregon-73949/Cricket-Wireless-Todd-0518-Lead-payment-in-the-Oregon-Office-he-is-the-head-supervisor-C-1114797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless