Complaint Review: cross country/agero

• Updated: Fri, February 15, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — benson Arizona United States of America
cross country/agero
1401 w pantano parkway TUCSON, Arizona United States of America

cross country/agero I saw the complaint about this company, I used to work their in a management position. My upbringing and moral values will not allow me not to resond to this, I had to take sup calls and to make this totally deceptive TUCSON, Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: IT GOES BOTH WAYS

*General Comment: AGERO IS A JOKE

*UPDATE Employee: Agero doesnt pay service providers

*UPDATE Employee: RESPONSE TO VENDOR, IT GOES BOTH WAYS

*General Comment: Dee

very unethical to their client, customer and employees, I am amazed they are still operating. I was their 10 years and had to leave. I was in a managment position and just could not do it any more, to myself and lying to clients, customers and tow companies

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cross-countryagero/TUCSON-Arizona-85710/cross-countryagero-I-saw-the-complaint-about-this-company-I-used-to-work-their-in-a-mana-972405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cross country/agero

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

IT GOES BOTH WAYS

AUTHOR: JOE - ()

YEH your rite, it does go both ways, it should be a 2 way street, but it's not, it's us providers that do all the work & risk our lives changing tires on the freeways & streets to help all YOUR customers. I'm a provider here in san mateo county, and so far it's only been a one way street, we give and get screwed in the end constantly , we are always being taken advantage of by all these motor clubs, especially AGERO, the worst of the worst, i'm sure if all the insurance companies and auto dealers new just how bad they treated there providers they might just stop useing them as well. so your 2way street myth is just that a MYTH. it's a one way street, always has been & always will be. motor clubs do not care about there providers, they just want that customer dollar.

#2 General Comment

AGERO IS A JOKE

AUTHOR: JOE - ()

i'm a provider here in the bay area, Agero is doing the same dirty business to all of us out here, i have allot of invoices they refuse to pay, they are all completed services, they wont pay one penny. we are all loseing money dealing with this joke of a company. they want you to treat there customers good , but in return they treat there providers like garbage. the only thing that we providers can do is stop accepting there calls & put them out of business, if your not getting paid to go help there customers, why take there calls? all motor clubs suck , but agero (cross country) is by far the worst. the so called performance manager says he would override it and see what he can do, but like all of them there cowards, they ignore you and never get back to you, other motor club managers i have talked to on the phone a few times, in 5 years with Cross Country(agero) i have never talked to one of them. the worst was Paul Carroll, he is a worthless pieace of s--t, now they have this other guy alittle better, but not by much. i don't accept there calls anymore. and i feel quite good getting rid of the biggest headache i've had for 5 years, DROP THEM, let them suffer like we do dealing with them.

Agero doesnt pay service providers

AUTHOR: Edward - ()

We have the same problem in Pa. I sign our company up with them and it has become a major disaster. After reviewing my contract with them, I found that they are not paying the agreed contract fees. Out going mileage, accident calls, GOA's, loaded mileage, and winching.

I have contacted them by e-mail, phone, and letters. I have yet heard an answer back from them. They dont ever answer there calls or e-mails. This company is telling us what they will pay us what they feel like. Thats the way it seems to me.

So far Agero owes us over 1500.00 of charges that they ajusted on our invoices. We charged according to our contract and they stilldont pay the full amount of what they contract states. Agero is out there to make us lose money and keep it for them selves.

I believe a class action law suit should be filed agaist them thru out the country. I can just imagine how many companies out there that are not being paid what they should be paid by contract. I have 3 other towing companies in our area that just might get involved because they just started to refuse out of area calls now and will only stay in there city limits now. They have now found out they are not being paid for out going mileage and loaded miles are way off.

RESPONSE TO VENDOR, IT GOES BOTH WAYS

AUTHOR: DD - ()

Yes, I have noticed that every company has their ways on making sure that they do not lose money, of course, but I beleive it GOES BOTH WAYS. There always should be someone handeling just the finacial part of it, sorry to say when the vender calls back over 24 hrs after the po was given and they are trying to add equip or milage, expect on not recieving the pay out on additional serivces added. Most important thing is to have all employees know what you are contracted for, a sup name and ext (unless a alert sup) is not going to get added mileage approved, UNLESS YOU ARE CONTRACTED FOR THE AMT TO BE GIVEN  on the po, and then anyone can apply it to the po.(OF COURSE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO PRIORITY ACCIDENT CALLS). Also, Stop doing additional services before you actually know they are covered for the service, just cause we are covering a tow does not mean that they are covered for a jump start as well, always call first to make sure that way you can recive paymt from the customer right away, cause after they have left we can not bill them or cover the cost, you should always call first! And please dont get mad when you gave eta of 60 mins and are requesting for a goa when the customer has canceled within 5-10 mins and dont recieve paymt for the request. ALWAYS REMEMBER, unless there is a unique situation that is  requested of the vender to go above and beyond their limits due to Agero's request, and we are offering the amt we will approve (upon your reasonable amt request that we have asked for) the only real guarentee seems to be what is in your contract, and by the guidelines given upon accepting to do business with us. We understand that some of the vendors work very hard for the customer and I have always appriciated that, and then there are some sp's asking for additional services with additional po's when it is not needed, or giving outragous eta's (estimated times of arrival) just because it is not a priority call, and don't get paid enough to get there. I get it, but 45 mins is a great eta for us to recieve, but still a long time for the customer, and it is usually 60 min instead of 45, Its a crazy business but when I noticed it really is all about the money, I realized this when I called a vendor that took our po's and while I was getting futher info about where the cust was, the vendor hung up on me, when I called him back right away, he said, ya I know where and he sd that he did not need the po, he said the police called him and that he was going to do it for them instead, He mentioned that he would get more money for it, and that he was no longer doing it for us, I told him that the lady did not want the veh taken that she could pay and did not have any money on her, and that she was elderly and already mentioned she could not afford it, he said thats fine and that he could discuss paymt options with her, I mentioned tha she was covered through us and did not have to impound the veh, but he refused. SO YES IT GOES BOTH WAYS all the way accross the board, So this could be taken as advice or you could get upset, not being negitave, just being real, take care.

#5 General Comment

Dee

AUTHOR: Denise - (United States of America)

I am currently a vendor of Cross Country/Agero and have had many problems with them short changing our payouts fraudently.  They do not contact you when they deny your payout or give you less than you submitted for pay.  When I asked why they don't contact the vendors I was told they have over a million vendors and do not have the time to contact them.  Once I realize what was going on I called them to find out what the problem was.  It wasnt until then I was told how to go into the system and check to see each payout. I have lost thousands up thousands of dollars.  I have had to hire an additional person to check every billing to ensure we are getting the correct amount of money.  I'm sure there are many, many tow companies that do not know they are being ripped off.  I would like to have the ex-Arizona employee contact me.  We need to put a stop to this corruption.