Complaint Review: Crowd Control Warehouse

• Submitted: Tue, August 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, September 13, 2008

• Reported By:Long Beach California
Crowd Control Warehouse
PO Box 399 Medinah, Illinois U.S.A.

Crowd Control Warehouse Oh My Goodness What A Rip Off Medinah Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Crowd Control Warehouse

I contacted crowd control warehouse to order some barriers and accessories. The following day I received an email to let me know that the order was increased by crowd control warehouse. I immediately contacted crowd control warehouse to cancel the order because they had added product without authorization.

I was informed that the product had already shipped and that I would have to accept it because they do not take returns on the product I ordered. crowd control warehouse also informed me that they could not recall orders that have been sent.

I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charges and informed crowd control warehouse I would not accept the delivery. Apparently crowd control warehouse could and did recall the order after my credit card company contacted them. crowd control warehouse then billed my credit card a restocking fee that I am currently disputing.

This has taken hours of my life away I will never get back. Thanks crowd control warehouse for being such a RIP OFF!

Chris
Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2008 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crowd-Control-Warehouse/Medinah-Illinois-60157/Crowd-Control-Warehouse-Oh-My-Goodness-What-A-Rip-Off-Medinah-Illinois-367058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crowd Control Warehouse

Response from Crowd Control Warehouse

AUTHOR: Crowd Control Warehouse - (U.S.A.)

As the leading crowd control supplier in North America, we at Crowd Control Warehouse (www.CrowdControlWarehouse.com) have a spotless record of customer satisfaction and take such matters very seriously. This can be easily seen by the lack of ANY (not even one) other complaints despite our many years in business and tens of thousands of customers. We have fully researched the situation that Chris has posted about and we would like to thank him for posting about us on this great website so the thousands of readers can be introduced to our impeccable reputation and commitment to our customers. Unfortunately, a very small amount of people will act in a manner that leaves no possibility for a good solution to a complaint, and that was the case with Chris in this situation. This customer has posted only a distorted and incomplete description of the situation regarding the order he placed through our website in an attempt to make it appear that we as the company were in error, and he has left out important details that fully clarify the real situation and his responsibility in the matter.

Chris is correct in stating that one additional item was added to his order due to the fact that he ignored the clearly stated minimum quantity that is required on the product he specified. This requirement allows the customer to receive the largely discounted special sale pricing that is available on that product. After receiving his order through our website, our representatives attempted to contact Chris by phone to clarify the order, but were unable to reach him. Accordingly, Chris was immediately sent an e-mail explaining his error and that, unless we heard back from him otherwise, we would go ahead and correct his order by adding the one additional item to make sure he would get the special pricing he was expecting (actually resulting in an overall LOWER cost to him than if it had been left out and the order as a whole did not receive the special pricing), and so as to not delay his receipt of the items. Chris did not respond that day, or during the entire next business day before the products shipped, so the order was shipped with the one additional item and the special pricing discount fully applied for his convenience.

Chris did eventually contact our customer service department after the items had already shipped to complain about the additional item being added. Our customer service rep agreed that, although the additional item was added only as a service to Chris to ensure he received the special sale pricing for his entire order, it had indeed been added without his express consent. At this point, Chris immediately became hostile, telling our rep that he would not pay for any of the items he ordered and would refuse the shipment. Chris then abruptly hung up on our rep. Had he not done so, Chris would have found that our rep was fully prepared to offer a refund for the additional item and to let Chris keep it as a gesture of good will from us. Unfortunately, by becoming hostile and hanging up, Chris had created a situation in which we could not offer him the easy solution that would have certainly left him more than satisfied (everyone likes getting products for free!).

Despite Chris's hostile attitude, our rep was still sympathetic to his Chris's complaint and Chris was immediately issued a full refund for the additional item, a full refund for all shipping costs, and a refund even for the products he did specifically order, minus the restocking fee for refused shipments as clearly stated on our website applied ONLY to those items which he specified (incorrectly) in his order. Chris did dispute this restocking fee with his credit card company. After reviewing the actual facts about the situation, Chris's own credit card company agreed that he should be responsible for the restocking fee and denied his dispute claim.

As mentioned, Crowd Control Warehouse considers customer satisfaction to be of the utmost importance. Thus, based on just this one extremely unusual situation, we have instituted an internal policy to never allow quantity corrections to future orders without the express consent of the customer to make the correction, even if it does result in a delay in shipping of the customer's order or, as was this case here, the customer's total cost would have actually been higher if we did not make the correction on his behalf than if we did.

We thank the readers of this and look forward to serving you in the future!

- Response by the Crowd Control Warehouse Customer Service Team (www.CrowdControlWarehouse.com)