Complaint Review: CRS

• Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By: Sweet — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
CRS
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

CRS Monitronics CRS/Monitronics lies to get you in then steals your money Las Vegas, Nevada

*UPDATE Employee: Monitronics Cares

*UPDATE Employee: Contract

After moving into a new house, every alarm service known to man came knocking on the door.  We listened to what they all had to say, asked a million questions, and finally went with CRS.

Our first problem was with a false alarm.  We went thru the verification process so they knew it was a false alarm, and they said they wouldn't send anybody out.  Nobody came out.  A few months later, there's a $50 service charge on the bill because they claimed that someone came out.  We called to dispute, since there wasn't even a need to send anyone out (and no one came out), and the lady acted like we should worship her because she did us SUCH A HUGE FAVOR in issuing a ONE-TIME ONLY credit to offset the charge.

A few months ago, there was an error message on our keypad.  We called the station to find out what it was, and they said they had to send someone out.  The guy came out.  He said the company upgraded their system and EVERY CUSTOMER needed new equipment for it to be compatible. He switched us to the new equipment and left.  Again, a $50 service charge because they had to send someone out.  That should be illegal, requiring all your contractual customers to upgrade their equipment, and then charging them to do so.  They won't reverse the charge this time because, as we stated,  someone did come out to the house.

I'm eagerly awaiting the class-action suit on this one!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CRS/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/CRS-Monitronics-CRSMonitronics-lies-to-get-you-in-then-steals-your-money-Las-Vegas-Neva-975526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CRS

Monitronics Cares

AUTHOR: Monitronics Cares - ()

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to notify me about your concerns with your service. I have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. Please provide me with your your contact number So I can research your account and follow up with you I can be reached at 855-299-2081 from 8:00am-7:00pm Central Time Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If I am unavailable, please leave a voicemail message so that I may return your call promptly.

David Sodiende
Executive Response

Contract

AUTHOR: ghostchanter - (United States of America)

Go to the page where you signed for the monitoring. The page where it shows your monthly. Now look to the top right. See that box that says "50$ Deductible" ? If you don't ask about it, we don't tell you about it. BUT since it is in YOUR contract, you agreed to be charge 50$ every single time somebody comes out. YOU got the equipment for free, but the 50$ is for the technician to come out and install it. Trust me, I know that that sounds bad. But there is nothing wrong with this company. Legitimately? YOU get 5000$ worth of equipment for FREE! You are just responsible for the monthly. And if your calling the office in texas, your not going to get ANYWHERE. Call the office in Las Vegas to get it fixed man. They will fix it for you. Next time? Read the contract and ask questions.