Complaint Review: cruisedirect

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: Alex — Nationwide Israel
cruisedirect

CruiseDirect declined to sell cruises by the price at their web, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Concern Addresses by Management

*Author of original report: 2 min to get a new price

I've seen MSC cruise at the CruiseDirect web site with the price $499 while my previous booking (which by the way, could have been cancelled without any penalty) was by $549.

When I asked Customer Care to re-book the cruise with the new (lower) price, then answer was "this is not the price that would confirm to you though, as I stated it is coming up in error. Thank you for bringing our attention to this as I have our IT team working on it right now"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cruisedirect/internet/CruiseDirect-declined-to-sell-cruises-by-the-price-at-their-web-Internet-1012424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cruisedirect

Concern Addresses by Management

AUTHOR: Karen Nicholson - (United States of America)

Dear Alex,

Thank you for choosing CruiseDirect and for giving us the opportunity to correctly address the pricing issue.

After careful review of your chat with our Customer Care representative, I can see that while this was towards the end of our business day, the problem was escalated to management. Once realizing our error, it was immediately decided to honor the price as seen on our website.

Once again, thank you for choosing CruiseDirect. It has been our pleasure to serve you.

Best Regards,
Karen Nicholson
Client Services Supervisor

2 min to get a new price

AUTHOR: Alex - (Israel)

As I informed the agent that I've filed a report in RipoffReport , the new (lower) price was offered to me within less than 5min

Of course, such a qucik service is very appreciated

On the other hand, why CruiseDirect needed a complaint in the internet to give me this price?  Why not to give it with a good mood?