Complaint Review: cruisedirect.com

• Updated: Tue, July 10, 2012

• Reported By: Pierre — Montreal Quebec Canada

cruisedirect.com Do not expect great service from cruisedirect.com, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact CruiseDirect

*Author of original report: cruisedirect.com did not respond before the cruise

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact me

We are average cruisers. We cruise on average once a year but often with family and have booked 15 cruiseship cabins in the last 6 years.  Our last cruise was in June 2012 was a 14-day cruise in Norway with Holland America.

We booked the cruise through cruisedirect.com.  We like the interface of their web site but their customer service is simply not in line with $3000 per person cruises.  During our last cruise, for example, we experienced several issues that left us with the impression that cruisedirect.com is a low-tier supplier.

Our request for a table in the dining room was never communicated to Holland America in spite of our repeated requests (Holland America refuses to discuss any booking details prior to the cruise and sends you back to the agent who booked the cruise...). cruisedirect.com takes more than 48 hours to respond to e-mails. Our request to speak to a supervisor resulted in an e-mail 5 days later.

In summary an ok service but certainly not what you should expect from a company booking upscale cruises. Do not expect great service from cruisedirect.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2012 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cruisedirectcom/internet/cruisedirectcom-Do-not-expect-great-service-from-cruisedirectcom-Internet-907510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cruisedirect.com

Please Contact CruiseDirect

AUTHOR: Karen Nicholson - (United States of America)

Dear Mr. Goulet,

Again, I would like to apologize for any delay in your request to speak to a supervisor. This kind of service is not indicative of our company and we strive to provide complete satisfaction.

In addition to the $50 restaurant.com gift certificate, CruiseDirect would like to offer you a future cruise credit to be used on any sailing booked through our website.

Please contact me in order to discuss your credit. I will note this on your account.

Best Regards,
Karen Nicholson
Client Service Supervisor

cruisedirect.com did not respond before the cruise

AUTHOR: Pierre - (Canada)

We have completed this cruise. Reacting to our concerns at this point is not useful.

We contacted cruisedirect.com at the e-mail address provided on our confirmation and received e-mail response more than 48 hours later.

Our request to have a supervisor phone us was ignored and an e-mail was sent 5 days later.

More importantly, cruisedirect.com did not inform Holland America of our ding room preferences (at time of booking and in later e-mails)

We would like to thank Hakin and the Prinsendam dining room staff for their efforts in accomodating our preferences.

We unfortunately are forced to recognize that cruisedirect.com did not demonstrate the level of customer service one would expect from an excellent travel agent.

Please contact me

AUTHOR: mcallaghan - (United States of America)

I am sorry you did not have a good experience working with our customer department team.  Would you be able to provide me with a reservation number or way to contact you to resolve the situation?  Complaints like this are very rare for our company, and I take them very seriously.  Please reach out to me so I can review the booking and make things right.  M Callaghan @ cruisedirect