Complaint Review: Crystal Travel

• Updated: Tue, July 15, 2014

• Reported By: margie — Los Angeles California
Crystal Travel
920 Hampshire Rd. Unit X Thousand Oaks, California USA

Crystal Travel/ Travel Services Crystal Travel , Sunrise Travel, Atlantic Travel are in this together to get your money and never call you back to give their services Thousand Oaks California

We attended a sales presentation in May of 2013 in Westlake Village. We liked what they offered 1-3 bedroom condominiums from $398 to $998 for 2 weeks, cruise/tour discounts, hotel, rental car, unlimited hot weeks and vacation package discounts. We signed up for the 3 year trial package and paid $1,543, and $299 annual dues. We also received travel voucher from Sunrise Travel 3- 7 night cruise package.  I filled out the voucher, mailed it and they sent me a travelers request form. I wrote 3 dates 30 days apart and 3 ports.  I also attached $198 Cashiers check. I received an acknowlegement letter that they received it and they will contact me.  But the was the last time I heard from them.

I also filled out the voucher with Atlantic Travel 4 days 3 nights hotel and airfare and attached $300 cashiers check.  They want me to call them in December at my specied appointed time and date which I did.  They said they were swamped with calls and they will get back to me after the holidays which they never did.  I have been calling and it goes to voicemail.  Anyway with Crystal travel, in the beginning I will call and request for a quote because we were going to Europe that summer.  I can only request 1 quote at a time because there is only one person working.  How can a travel agent have 1 employee.  And somebody will email it to me.

It turns out all the rates were more expensive than the online price of Expedia or Travelocity.  A one bedroom apartment in Paris is $2,500 a week and the location is outside of Paris. I was able to get a Novotel Hotel for $125 a night in Paris. After I had trouble with getting hold of people with Sunrise and Atlantic Travel, I tried to call Assita, she is the Customer Service Manager, but it goes to voicemail.  I will call almost everyday and leave message until I got tired and given up. But when I saw this posting on rip off report, maybe there is a chance to get back at them. How can anybody just get away with cheating people.  Maybe people dont know what to do and where to look for help, so they just give up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2014 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crystal-Travel/Thousand-Oaks-California-91361/Crystal-Travel-Travel-Services-Crystal-Travel-Sunrise-Travel-Atlantic-Travel-are-in-t-1162203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Crystal Travel