Complaint Review: CTI Trucking - Central Trucking

• Updated: Tue, July 17, 2012

• Reported By: SUNNDANCE — Springfield Missouri USA
CTI Trucking - Central Trucking
Springfield, Missouri United States of America

CTI Trucking - Central Trucking - Central Trucking Inc. Springfield,MO Kingman,AZ Edinburgh IN Will CUT PAY for being available,and no insurance,EVER! Springfield, Missouri

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not really that bad!

*General Comment: HeadlightChaser

*UPDATE Employee: Very Happy CTI Driver

CTI (central trucking inc.); Springfield,MO. I started in March of 09, soon after buying load locks($40 each) they disappeared and I was told the company would buy new ones (when I was hired),had been replaced 2 months later with broken load locks and grease covered, to keep of course. I signed up for insurance on orientation day, but unfortunately after 3 months I did not qualify (for insurance)due to running only 7700 miles each month (I never asked for a day off). Further more they CUT MY PAY to .27 cpm for not running the 9,000 miles a month to be considered full time (you will NEVER see 9,000). I sat for as many as 4 days at truck stops waiting on freight, (most of the time only 3) and rarely saw detention pay if any I think it was 25$ a day,but hardly ever saw that. I sat more than I ran, you will NEVER make any money with these folks, I went in the hole and every driver I talked to told me the same, and if you get 3 log book violations, they will fire you,you must also pay for your (pre-employment) physical and drug screen(90$). Every time I picked up a trailer, it had to go to the shop (3-4 hours) for some reason of another, and if they found a scratch in a truck, YOU PAY! Slip seat is company policy, and the trucks stink and are nasty, and when you do get home you may wait 3-5 days to get back out. I HIGHLY recommend all drivers to stay clear from this company and move on, I drive for PRIME now, and am completely satisfied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2009 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CTI-Trucking-Central-Trucking/Springfield-Missouri-/CTI-Trucking-Central-Trucking-Central-Trucking-Inc-SpringfieldMO-KingmanAZ-Edinbu-488293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CTI Trucking - Central Trucking

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not really that bad!

AUTHOR: stevenlizzysanders - (United States of America)

My name is Steve Sanders ,Me and My wife Liz drove for CTI for several years. They let Us do what We wanted to do .We made more in two days running the Kingman relay than both of Us could have made working 50 hours at a 12 dollar an hour job! Most of the dispatchers are down to earth country boys and will do every thing in the world to work with You! Just like any trucking job ,They have there Ups and downs, But with Us , it was mostly up.

#2 General Comment

HeadlightChaser

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (United States of America)

First off your being a bit hard on the guy because you only know the truth as you see it.You said yourself you are a shuttle driver which pretty much guarantees what you are going to be doing.He on the other hand obviouly has no idea what he is doing untill they give him a load,that is a big difference.

As far as the load locks,have you ever had permission to break a seal just to get your load locks,I doubt it.

Then you say that common law requires that he pays for scratched or damged equipment.I don't know what country your from,but that is not the way it is,that is why everyone carries insurance,also if someone is charging for the damage I can almost guarantee that they are pocketing the money and laying it on the insurance company anyway.

As I have said before,I don't go by the drivers that are happy for 2 big reasons,1 if the company didn't make someone happy they would have no one,2 because some drivers will do anything including kissing butt or selling out fellow drivers so they can live better.Believe me after 39 years of putting up with trucking companies I can just look at people and tell you who's doing what.

Then there is the fact that this company has had so many reports against it,does that make all of these people liars or lazy because you are happy?

You should be thanking God for what you have instead of bragging about it and what a wonderful hard worker you are.

I wish everyone nothing but the best and God Bless.

martym5@hotmail.com

Marty

Very Happy CTI Driver

AUTHOR: HeadlightChaser - (United States of America)

I am shocked by the negative comments I am reading about CT!!

I started in October, 2011 out of the Amarillo Terminal. I am a shuttle driver to either Seligman, AZ or Springfield, MO from Amarillo Terminal. I bought my own load locks, install them in each trailer I pull, and remove them before I leave the trailer, so I have not lost any load locks, either.

Personally, I get plenty of miles every week and therefore I need to do a weekly 34-hour restart, but most of the time, I get back to the Amarillo Terminal and do that at home!

The reports I get from Dispatch are that they have a number of drivers that do not want to work on the weekends, and it is therefore difficult to achieve the required 9,000 miles per month they expect drivers to drive in a month to qualify for full-time status.

Ocassionally, I take an extra day during my restarts, but usually, I go back out on the final day of my restart, and I get plenty of miles each week to earn a decent paycheck!

My mileages for a week are 3,000-3,600 miles per week, so I do not understand what I am reading about poor mileages. It is therefore very easy to be satisfied with my job with CTI!

I guess I just am willing to work and not sit at home, in a truck stop or casino and waste time, piss away money or play video games! Grow up, and act like a professional adult!

I am a "professional driver" so am dedicated to doing what they need me to do, and avoid arguments with dispatch unless it is a safety issue. We are all on elogs so logbook violations are not a problem, either. If the logbook says you are out of hours, you just shut down, and avoid playing mind games with yourself as to how to cheat the system. Greed causes people do very stupid things!

If you scratch or damage their equipment, common law requires that you pay to get the damage repaired, so what is your issue with that? You have the opportunity to do an inspection on any piece of equipment you are assigned to take, but if you fail to do that, you will have to pay for the damages someone else did, because you were too lazy to do your job!

You can either work for your mileage pay, or work for CTI. The best approach is the last one, and stop majoring in minor issues, in my opinion!

I keep my personal expenses low, avoid frivilous payments for boats, extra vehicles and video games so I can live comfortably even during a bad weather week. Try it, you'll like the reduced stress!