Complaint Review: CUNA dAWN Koob

• Submitted: Mon, May 13, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, May 13, 2013

• Reported By: eyesopen — arlington Texas
2000 heritage way, waverly, Iowa USA

CUNA Mutual = Dawn Koob first they guarantee no hassle, then they put you through the grill then they lie! waverly Iowa

I've been a long standing member of my credi tunion and I have always noticed the CUNA mutual notices and advertisements both online and in mailers we receive. They always have great sale pitches so during an employment lapse I decided to apply for life insurance for myself and my youngest still in his last year of college.

Hindsight had taught me that we musn't take chances because in fact my eldest died of a car accident at age 24 and I didn't have any insurance for him so time was of the essence for me. I applied, I followed the process, the long-long-long tedious process of filling out paper work followed by at least 3 different phone calls all asking me the same -same- same questions that were on the paper work.

Mind you, I do not have any major illnesses other than an underactive thyroid for which I am taking a mild synthroid once a day. I don't smoke, don't drink, don't have any other disease, nor any hereditary possibilities, neither does my son. YET different people called me to ask the same questions, and neither seemed to know the other had called. All this was followed by a letter dated May 9th, 2013 stating that my application expired on March 15, 2013 because I had not responded to any of their attempts to reach me! Really? Makes me wonder who the hell I talked to then.

The sad thing is I gave them all of my personal data and bank information which now makes me very uneasy and I will have to go the credit union and change whatever I can. This incompetency also leads me to believe that this is actually a blessing in disguise because had I died they would probably require that my corpse sign somewhere for them to release any funds.

Be smart! Stay away from this company! Tell everyone else you know about this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2013 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CUNA-dAWN-Koob/waverly-Iowa-50677/CUNA-Mutual-Dawn-Koob-first-they-guarantee-no-hassle-then-they-put-you-through-the-gr-1050657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CUNA dAWN Koob