Complaint Review: Custom Audio

• Reported By: Allongo — Mesa Arizona United States of America
Custom Audio
1261 N Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Custom Audio Chris Tedesco Nexis Audio - Video L-7 Scam scottsdale, Arizona

I was in Chandler at the Super Walmart off Arizona Ave just North of the 202 Just outside the Chase Bank when a White Male possibly mid 40's Driving a White Avalanche with a Black folding cover on the bed of the truck calls out and asks if I am interested in a home theater system that he accidently  received extra of and parks in front of me.  I tell him I am not interested and don't want or need a sound system.  He pushes on that its a 1,800$ system that he would rather let a guy like myself have rather than deal with it back at his store that he owns.  He then explains that its a state of the art system with wireless speakers with a wide range that will blow you away. he then opens the tailgate where several unopened boxes are stacked in. he then claimed that he just sold to 2 others and showed me a wad of cash that he claimed they gave him and were extremely happy. [continued below]....
..... he first offers 500.00$ then 300.00$ and then finally I fall for the 160.00$ offer. For a sound system that does what he claims it does. I figure that's not a bad deal. he follows me to the ATM where I then get cash. he gives me a card with scribblings about some warranty for lifetime and his initials.

Full examination of the product reveals a Box with 5 speakers and a fake sub woofer, none of them are wireless and it does not have a receiver.  The box itself shows a blank serial number and no manufacturing information. a barcode on the side leads you to a website http://www.nexisaudio.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Audio/scottsdale-Arizona-85260/Custom-Audio-Chris-Tedesco-Nexis-Audio-Video-L-7-Scam-scottsdale-Arizona-995862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Audio