Complaint Review: Custom Built Personal Training

• Submitted: Mon, November 23, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, November 23, 2009

• Reported By: crystallinegrl00 — Rocky Hill Connecticut United States of America
Custom Built Personal Training
303 Peachtree St N.E. Suite 4150 Atlanta, Georgia Wethersfield, Connecticut United States of America

Custom Built Personal Training Fraud Alert, Buyer Beware, Wethersfield, Connecticut

Custom Built Personal Training works out of my gym, Cardio Express in Wethersfield, CT. In December 2008, I was approached by the Custom Built Manager and was told I could have a free training session. That session got me pumped and I liked it. I was told that with the one year contract that there would be a 30 minute training session once a week, a customized meal plan, a customized fitness plan, and measured/weighed-in once a month. There was other contracts for less than a year, but I was not told about those and was suckered in to a full year at a ridiculous price.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

Regardless of price or what I got suckered in to this company did not hold up their part of the contract. What I received was only the 30 minute workout once a week. When I approached the trainer about it, she said she had to start doing a customized meal plan, a customized fitness plan, and measured/weighed-in for me because the company was getting audited. This raised my eyebrow. I also sent an email to the company that I was not getting what the contract had stated and in response they sent me a survey to fill out. The survey was just a decoy for what I was to find out about their services. What also raised my eyebrow was the turnover of Custom Built employees. Within just weeks signing up two Managers were gone including the one that I signed up with.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

I stopped going in May of 2009 being unhappy with the service and cost. I tried calling the company to cancel and was never able to get anyone to answer or return my calls. I emailed the company only to receive an auto reply stating I owed them outstanding funds and pay $250 to cancel. After emailing them three additional times to let them know they were not upholding their side of the contract they failed to respond to me.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

To this day, they are still billing me since May even though I stopped going totaling over one thousand dollars.  The letter they send states that they will contact a federal collections agency to collect the debt if I do not pay.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

After reviewing hundreds of complaints about this company online by other irate customers, I am not giving this company a cent. I've read that even customers that have paid the cancellation fees, they continue to take money out of their bank accounts! I'm not talking one or two situations...hundreds across the country! They clearly are out to scam people for their inadequate services and lack of voice to the customer. If I cannot get through to them in the last seven months, there is a bigger problem here. I do not know where my money is going and I don't trust them. If they dare to go after my credit, I will be taking them to court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2009 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Built-Personal-Training/Wethersfield-Connecticut-/Custom-Built-Personal-Training-Fraud-Alert-Buyer-Beware-Wethersfield-Connecticut-527695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Built Personal Training