Complaint Review: Custom Built Training

• Reported By: Anonymous — Sarasota Florida United States of America
Custom Built Training
Clark Road, Sarasota, FL 34231 Sarasota, Florida United States of America

Custom Built Training Ripoff Sarasota, Florida

This company is a ripoff!  We were told at the time we signed up for our YouFit gym membership at their Clark Road, Sarasota, FL location that they (YouFit) also offered personal training.  It was never communicated that it was a completely different company.

We met with the training manager Jasmine and she also claimed it was through YouFit.   We were very relucant to sign into any contract, but we were told if we were not happy, we could get out of it at any time and there would be no penalities.  We were also told that if we moved to a new area that did not have a YouFit, we could cancel both our YouFit and the personal trainer without penalities.

We put that to the test this past week when we had to inform them that we were moving out of the area and that our new location did not have a YouFit.  Jasmine the training manager at the Clark Road location said, "not a problem, you can get out of the contract without any extra fees, just call our Atlanta office since they are customer service".

When we called, we got a rather scripted response from their customer service person who told us we would have to go to a Planet Fitness which was about 20 miles away from our new home.  We would also have to join Planet Fitness as well (more additional costs).  When I mentioned our agreement was with YouFit and that was what we were told, they informed us that "no they are seperate and if we wanted out of the contract we would have to pay a $250 cancellation fee".  I told them I had just spoken to the training manager at the Clark Road YouFit and she had confirmed that we would NOT be charged any additional fees and to please contact her.   They declined saying "sorry if it wasn't clear to you that we are not affiliated with YouFit, but you still have to pay the cancellation fee".  I asked for a supervisor and the customer service agent was VERY reluctant to transfer me.

Once I had the supervisor Cindy, she was quite short with me and reiterated what I had just been told.  I explained that they were misrepresenting who the training was through at the Clark Road location, that had we known it could go to just any gym if we moved, we would never had agreed to it.  Cindy just sat on the phone without saying a word and I actually had to ask if she was still there.  Instead of apologizing or trying to assist me, she just asked if I wanted to cancel that day.  I said I was not satisfied and wanted to talk to her manager.  She told me "I would only get the same response from them".  I told her I still wanted to speak to them.  She then put me on hold for a very long time (I assume so I would give up and disconnect) but eventually picked back up and told me "no managers are available right now".  I said let me have their voicemail and she again said "they will only tell you what I have" and then transferred me.  I left a message and it was 4-5 days before I heard back.

The manager Greg, also stuck to script and in the end we had to pay the $250.  Terrible customer service, in fact they don't know the meaning of it!  Their reps were rude, their practice is deceitful and greedy.  I would tell anyone thinking of using them to run the opposite direction!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Built-Training/Sarasota-Florida-34231/Custom-Built-Training-Ripoff-Sarasota-Florida-952796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Built Training