Complaint Review: Custom Electronic Systems

• Updated: Sat, December 07, 2013

• Reported By: Frank N, — Dallas Texas
Custom Electronic Systems
9990 Monroe Dr. #218 Dallas, Texas USA

Custom Electronic Systems Custom Designs & Installations ***BAIT AND SWITCH*** SCAM Dallas Texas

I contacted Custom Electronic Systems aka Custom Design & Installation CDI through HomeAdvisor.com for the purpose of re-wiring a home theater system.  At that time Mr. Childs (the owner) informed me that he needed to inspect the system prior to issuing a quote.  Additionally he stated he wanted to bring his “audio technician” with him so he could give me an accurate quote.

Mr. Childs and his technician visited my home, inspected the system and quoted me $95 per hour and said it would take 3-4 hours to complete the work.  I agreed.  At that point Mr. Childs stated his technician would require an assistant to help him at a cost of an additional $50 per hour.  I agreed to 3-4 hours at $145 per hour.

After completing the work, Mr. Childs sent me a bill for 13.5 hours at a total cost of $2195.93.  I was shocked and wrote an email to Mr. Childs stating the same.

As a consumer, I relied in good faith on Mr. Child’s representations and expertise as a licensed contractor (#: ACR3017) in providing me an accurate quote.  Rather than honoring our agreement, Mr. Childs hired a lawyer to sue me.   Mr. Childs engaged in a classic “bait and switch” scam.  STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2013 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Electronic-Systems/Dallas-Texas-75220/Custom-Electronic-Systems-Custom-Designs-amp-Installations-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-SCAM-D-1105185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Electronic Systems