restaurant

• Updated: Mon, March 24, 2014

• Reported By: Diva.com — Charleston South Carolina
Custom Printing
1371 Ashley River Rd Charleston, South Carolina USA

Custom Printing He called us Ignorant, A**holes and Uneducated Charleston South Carolina

*Author of original report: Unprofessional and Horrible Behavior by Owner

*General Comment: Simply a horrible CUSTOMER!!

If you live in the Charleston SC area and you need business cards or any other printing service done, DO NOT GO TO CUSTOM PRINTING LOCATED IN WEST ASHLEY AT 1371 ASHLEY RIVER RD.

The owner is so UNPROFESSIONAL. I went into this "business" with a friend who had his business cards printed there. Well, when he counted his cards, it was not the amount he ordered. He found 22 BLANK cards.

So, we went to the business to get the cards printed. When my friend showed him the blank cards, the owner stated that he gave the BLANK cards as freebies. Our question was why give BLANK cards as freebies and not printed ones? The truth is, the 22 blank cards should have been printed because my friend did not receive all the cards that he payed for.

After we told the owner that he is missing some business cards, the owner told my friend that he was mistaken. [continued below]....

..... When my friend said he counted them prior to coming back, the owner stated he didn't care and said all the cards were printed.

Also, the owner said you don't have as much education as me. What?!! So, my friend said I knew you wasn't going to print these cards but I wanted to bring this to your attention. And, how do you know how much education I have?

The owner starts yelling saying you don't have more knowledge in printing and you can't count. I told the owner he was being unprofessional. At that point a lady comes from the back and I started talking to her since the owner was being so belligerent.

As I was talking to her, the owner comes from around the counter and stands at the desk in front of the counter. He is still yelling telling my friend that he is an idiot and needed to leave his shop.

My friend stated he would tell everyone not to bring their business there. The owner immediately calls my friend an asshole and to leave. I advised the owner that I would report how we were treated and that he was too unprofessional to own a business.

It was stated that we would let everyone know not to patronize his business. He smiles and says do it...it will bring me more business.

The owner refused to print the business cards that were blank and used derogatory language when his work ethic was questioned. Simply horrible experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2014 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Custom-Printing/Charleston-South-Carolina-29407/Custom-Printing-He-called-us-Ignorant-Aholes-and-Uneducated-Charleston-South-Carolina-1133166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Custom Printing

Unprofessional and Horrible Behavior by Owner

AUTHOR: MP - ()

First, I want to preface my statement by saying this is more than likely a rebuttal generated by the same unprofessional owner. But, I will respond because consumers need to know how unscrupulous some business owners can be.

You get more flies with honey then you do with BI+CHY!!! Odds are that youre not telling the whole story and the owner is RIGHT. They DO have more knowledge the either YOU or YOUR FRIEND in printing. In order to get this resolved, you needed to go in there as a NICE PERSON and not some self entitled twit who has about as much printing knowledge as oh say a gnat.

Response: When we walked into the business, we were not disrespectful. The atmosphere changed when the owner became defensive when he was questioned about the 22 blank cards. He said I gave those to you for free. Who gives free BLANK business cards? What good are BLANK business cards? Prior to coming to the store, the actual printed business cards were counted and it was discovered that the order was not complete.

My friend, who owns his own business for many years, works with a diverse group of businesses and never ran across such unprofessionalism. Regardless if the owner has printing knowledge, it does not give him the right to be unprofessional and call someone uneducated. We, as customers, know if we pay for a set amount of business cards we expect to have that amount printed. We do not expect to find BLANK business cards which are of no use to anyone.

Also, you do not need a degree to understand how a printer works. The owner tried to say the machine drags in two or more and some aren't printed but he just put them in with the order. Well, if they didn't print, why include them? Why not print the correct amount of business cards? Why hide the BLANK cards in the back making the order look complete? The allegations that say we came in there with a particular attitude is incorrect. Even, the woman who came from the back of the store knew that the owner was getting upset over nothing. We only asked him to explain the BLANK cards and he became extremely defensive and rude.

Its a he said/they said instance. The owner tells you no they completed the order. You as a consumer SHOULD have checked right when you recieved them for ANY mistakes. That way, the product had never left the business and it would be solid proof that they made a mistake. No odds are that they picked them up and MAY have found a issue but you would be too late to get it resolved BECAUSE YOU LEFT THE STORE!!! The owner has NO PROOF that you did not pass out a few cards and just forgot. They HAVE to assume you and your freind are just scammer because you didnt do your due diligance and checked before they left. And given the behaviour YOU have described from you and your freind, it really does sound like YOU started the situation. You cant get mad when you piss off someone on purpose. You brought it on yourself. Had you NOT started YOUR BS then im sure they would have worked with you, but once the owner told you NO, you and your freind proceed to call them names and bersmirch their business. Not a good way to get your way. Businesses NO LONGER just do what YOU want them to so that you will shut up. Businesses have been scammed so hard in the past 20 years alone that unless you can PROVE a wrongdoing, they wont work with you.

Response: It is the business's responsibility to make sure they deliver a quality service or product. We, as consumers, put our trust in a business relying on their previous history and recommendations from previous customers. Again, I feel this rebuttal was done by the owner because all he did was revert to name calling and other rude behavior.

Apparently if my friend could pay for 300+ business cards, he wouldn't need to "scam" anyone for 22 additional cards. Really?! That doesn't even make sense. The owner knew he didn't print the entire order. Whether his printing equipment malfunctioned or whatever, he should have wanted to make it right for his customers.

Instead, he became defensive because we brought HIS error to his attention and he didn't like it. Unfortunately, he became belligerent to the point that a lady came from the back to try and calm him down. So, while he was yelling and name calling, I was having a very civil conversation with the woman who works there. I explained to her and she actually understood and said "I'm sorry."

Maybe in the future, but highly unlikely given just your screen name alone, you can ATTEMPT to be nicer when encountering a problem. You get much much farther when you work WITHIN the system. When you cause drama and make a scene, the shopkeeper is allowed by law to ask you to leave. Even if you did not get your way, you MUST comply with the request. Its called a"shop keep Law". Youre lucky, had you been dealing with me in my store, if you refused to leave I would have had you not only arrested but prosecuted and trespassed. You had no proof of wrong doing on the shops part other then some blanks. The owner doesnt have to just give you your way. The sooner you realize that you are NOTHING, the sooner you will find happiness. And by NOTHING I mean your just not that important or special. You and your freind are just a pair of "crabby" customers. People who MAY or MAYNOT have had a issue but by your own actions caused the event that leads to a report like this.

Response: First, the choice of my screen name has nothing to do with this complaint. Totally irrelevant. Really? Anyway, we were already leaving the store when the owner yells get out of my store! This is when my friend told him that he was going to tell all the businesses and individuals he knows not to patronize this business due to the lack of customer service and extreme unprofessional behavior.

The owner then proceeds to call him an *SSHOLE and said he didn't have any authority and it would actually help his business. Since me and my friend are both respectable and professional business owners, I will not respond to the personal attacks within this rebuttal. Many businesses in Charleston understand what customer service is.

Unfortunately, Custom Printing doesn't understand customer service or professionalism.

#2 General Comment

Simply a horrible CUSTOMER!!

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()