Complaint Review: CustomerStatus.com

• Submitted: Sun, December 18, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, December 23, 2012

• Reported By: AllThumbs63 — California United States of America
P.O. Box 3179 Wallingford, CT 06494 Wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

CustomerStatus.com HALF TIME DRILL DRIVER ordered online and seller TRIPPLED my total and is unreachable to cancel order!!! Wallingford, Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: Call thier CFO Ed at 914 332-7878

*Consumer Comment: Update to Customerstatus.com/Keratin Earth (they don't have my money....yet)

*Consumer Comment: Junk that is sold on TV.

*Author of original report: This company is unbelievable!

I ordered the advertised HALF TIME DRILL DRIVER on-line after seeing the tv commercial the other day.  I thought it would be a great christmas gift for my brother.

The company's on-line ordering is shifty to say the least!  I was constantly prompted to purchase additional unwanted items (for additional fees) while trying to check out.

At least three times while trying to check out, the site tried to force unwanted merchandise on me.  I clicked "no" each time.

When I finally got to the concluded order page, there was NO "review my order and confirm" page where I could review and change/modify my order.  The sale was done. Completed. And 3x what I expected to be paying:

Item   Description   Quantity   Price   Total
F9R   HALF TIME DRILL DRIVER BOGO   2    $19.95    $39.90
SubTotal    $39.90
Processing    $31.80
Tax    $6.27
Order Total    $77.97

Very deceitful practice going on there.

I immediately called the only phone number listed, and the rude Customer Service agent on the other end of the line said for me to give the system an hour for my purchase to register into their system.  It's been two days now and it's still NOT registering in their system.

I do not feel comfortable with my CC info floating around in limbo with erroneous charges "pending" on it.

I talked with my bank and they will immediately chargeback the fees when the sellers of the HALF TIME DRILL do finally get around to processing my order.

And that's another thing, I have NO IDEA what company I'm dealing with here.  Is it HALF TIME DRILL?  Is it GET HALF TIME DRILL?  Is it BUY HALF TIME DRILL? Is it CustomerStatus.com?   Or some other entity entirely?  Very shady indeed.  Certainly not like dealing with a real on-line store or service like Amazon, Home Depot,  or Sears.

Very bothered by this now, especially after reading up on other people having similar experiences with what appears to be this same tv "operation".

Feel free to chyme in with similar experiences with these characters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2011 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CustomerStatuscom/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/CustomerStatuscom-HALF-TIME-DRILL-DRIVER-ordered-online-and-seller-TRIPPLED-my-total-and-811069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CustomerStatus.com

Call thier CFO Ed at 914 332-7878

AUTHOR: coqueto - (United States of America)

Call the CFO Ed at 914 332-7878

I had the same problem and got nowhere with customerservice. Their corporate customer service manager Glenda is confrontational and abusive. The CFO Ed said he would resolve the issue but remains a supportive fan of Glendas.  To date I have not received any product and the issues remain unresolved, but if you want to at least be heard call Ed. If you get the automated  answer recording dial #1 to get the dial by name directory, otherwise just ask for him by name.

Good Luck!

Update to Customerstatus.com/Keratin Earth (they don't have my money....yet)

AUTHOR: Anonymou - (United States of America)

I called them this morning. My online receipt said back ordered, but they sent me an emailed receipt not making that clear (with no contact information on it either.)

When I went to the bank this morning, the manager said no authorization had yet been sent.
So I called this morning spoke to Rachel #650, she that the Keratin Earth was indeed backordered. She said she canceled the order. She told me Keratin Earth would be the name if I something did show up.

Resolution was quick and painless.

However, I will be checking my statements very closely for the next year to make sure I accidentally signed up for something.

Junk that is sold on TV.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

I understood that there would be an additional "processing fee" If I took them up on the "second set for FREE" option, but $32 additional processing?  That's wacked! "

That is standard operating procedure for these TV offers.   It's how the business works.   The non-refundable "processing and handling" charge that you pay on every purchase is actually their profit margin (plus a little extra).   Basically, if they get you to order, they've made their profit.  It doesn't really matter if the product is no good and you decide to return it (which they will make deliberately difficult), once they get you to take the bait and place the order, they've made their money.   The whole industry is really more about the advertising than the product.

Occasionally someone comes up with a decent product that is sold this way.  If it's really any good, it will eventually show up in retail outlets for a reasonable price.

This company is unbelievable!

AUTHOR: AllThumbs63 - (United States of America)

I finally was able to get through to a customer service agent yesterday and informed them thatI  wanted to cancel my order because they had doubled the sale amount.

They informed that they couldn't cancel the order because it was marked in the warehouse to be shipped, but they could change the order removing the "doubled" qty and reduce my charge to $38.99, instead of the pending $77.97.

I asked several times, if they could change the qty because it had not shipped, why couldn't they just cancel the order as per my wishes?  The "customer service" girl, Laura, dodged the issue ever time I brought it up, saying that she could only change the qty and reduce the price, but that the order could not be cancelled eventhough it had not shipped yet, whcih made no sense to me, and still doesn't.

We went back and forth on that issue for quite a while before she convinced me that all she could do was ship the reduced order for $38.99, and that when I received it, in 2 to 6 weeks, I could return it for a full refund.

This company SUCKS!

This morning I wake up and check my card ballance and those CROOKS charged me for the full $77.97, eventhough the order had been reduced to $38.99 yesterday by customer "service" girl, Laura.

Ugh.  CROOKS and shadey business practices prevail with this company!