• Report: #532038

• Updated: Wed, December 02, 2009

• Reported By: imscrewed — ridgefield park New Jersey United States of America
cutestpetcontest.com
P.O. Box 4470 Olathe, Kansas United States of America

cutestpetcontest.com emptied account...fake pet contest...claims of book but no book Olathe, Kansas

I signed my pet up for a contest just out of fun and boredom. I got an email saying he was in the finals, so i was excited. I went to ok that they could use him in their book but saw you had to buy the book in order to ok it. I was lazy and didnt do it at first. A few weeks later i got another email saying 2nd notice, please ok that your dog can be used in our book. So i went and looked at the site one more time and thought ok il do it, its cute to have a book with my dog in it. I paid for the book and got a confirmation saying your payment has been sumitted we will notify you in a couple of weeks with a hard copy of the photo and your reciept. After reading that and already being weary, i went online and looked up this contest which i should have done in the first place. I found many people who got scammed from them and were out a lot of money. I then called the bank and asked them to put a stop payment on my card and the guy said that since it isnt showing to call when it does. This morning i got a text from my bank saying i purchased something online for $103.99 from cutestpetcontest.com, mind you the book was suppose to be 69.99. I went into the bank to get it done and they said since its not a reoccuring payment they cant do a stop payment. I am beyond mad that they cant do anything about it and i have to wait until the scammer gets the money to file a report  only to hear that they are a legit business and i did it willingly. Things like this should offer more protection. If you can cancel monthly payments why not one?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2009 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cutestpetcontestcom/Olathe-Kansas-66063/cutestpetcontestcom-emptied-accountfake-pet-contestclaims-of-book-but-no-book-Olat-532038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cutestpetcontest.com