occasions

CVS Minute Clinic
4100 Carmel Road, Charlotte nc Charlotte, North Carolina USA

CVS Minute Clinic Wasted my time and my money. Charlotte North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: comment

I went to the CVS MinuteClinic today and felt totally ripped off. I arrived this morning at 11:00 and was 8th in line when I signed in. Including the provider’s 30 minute lunch break I was finally seen at about 2:45 PM. After a thorough exam I was told there was a chance that I may have pneumonia. I told the provider that I was not going to and emergency room. I have not experience any shortness of breath, weasing or any pneumonia symptoms. I asked for an antibiotic or something to help with the problems I did have and was refused. After speaking with the supervisor, it was confirmed that they would only refer me to a competent facility. It seems that a “crackle” she heard when listening to my breathing was all it took to decide to do nothing. I assured them I did not intend to spend another 4 hours at urgent care today. I would not be able to see my family physician until Tuesday due to my work schedule. So, NOTHING. They did however see fit to charge me the $30.00 co pay. My advice is not waste your time and pay your co pay just to get referred to a REAL doctor. Please don’t let them waste your time and money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2013 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CVS-Minute-Clinic/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28226/CVS-Minute-Clinic-Wasted-my-time-and-my-money-Charlotte-North-Carolina-1086474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CVS Minute Clinic

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

Pneumonia can also be caused by viruses and fungi, so an antibiotic wouldn't necessarily be prescribed without further testing.  You didn't mention what your other symptoms are, and why you went to the Minute Clinic, so it's hard to say why they didn't treat you. BUt if the other symptoms aren't severe enough for you to seek treatment at an urgent care of ER, they couldn't have been too bad.

Depending on your age symptoms of pneumonia can be very mild.  You really do need to follow up with your doctor because it can quickly turn into something more serious.

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!