Complaint Review: CVS Pharmacy

• Updated: Mon, March 10, 2014

• Reported By: Dan B — Northville Michigan
CVS Pharmacy
133Dunlap St. Northville, Michigan USA

CVS of Northville, MI Carley McNeill, Ast. Mgr. BANNED FROM CVS! Northville Michigan

*Consumer Comment: And you were totally innocent...right?

On Sun, 3/2/14, I went into my Northville CVS to use my 20% off coupon around 6pm.  Big mistake!  Between the parking lot and the main door, there was a 2ft high snowbank of hardpacked snow and ice just before the drive-thru lane, with a narrow cleft wide enough for a single shoe width.  Got thru and inside and requested its removal from Ast Mgr Carly McNeill.  She said she needed a work order???

Bought $25 or so of items and paid at the register.  With somewhat poor  balance at my age (65 ish) I like to use the shopping cart for balance in icy condiitions.  As I left I saw that there was no way the cart could get through that 2ft high mound of snow and ice, and I grabbed their snow shovel and removed it in 10-15min., then wheeled my cart through it.  As I came back in to put the shovel back, I complained to the cashier and Ms. McNeill again.  As I neared the back door, I could hear Carly or another female staff saying things like: Is everything alright sir?  Did you find everything you came for?

After initially leaving, responding to the taunting, I returned and complained for another couple of minutes about how many snowfalls were in that pile of snow, and how it seemed that the pharmacy section had been closed just as I was about to buy some Sudafed with my couopon.  Carly said: I don't like the way you're talking to me, I'm going to call the police.  When I said something about how she should be thanking me for cleaning the snow hazard, she said, I'm calling 911 right now, and pulled out her cell phone.  I immediately left, thinking the matter had been concluded.

As an almost 65 yr old man with 10yrs experience in corrections, I thought I'd seen and heard it all, but I actually got a phone call an hour or so later from an Officer Claudia Krueger, who questioned me about the incident.  At the end of our talk, she pronounced me guilty of trespass and said I was banned from that CVS store for a year, under pain of arrest!  In a state of shock and disbelief, I said ok.  For the next 48hrs, I was in wondermont and convinced myself that it was a scam - just Carly trying to frighten me, but the pink Trespass Notice arrived 2 days later.  A police captain told me when I called, that there was no appeal and no hearing for the accused!  Unbelievable!

Today, the CVS District Mgr called, and told me any staff can and should call the police any time they feel threatened or that they have been treated rudely by a customer.  Incredible!  I guess that they're tired of having me as a customer after 25yrs or so.  What's so sad is that the old downtown area is losing customers each year to the newer shops 2 miles east, and that store will probably be closed within 5 yrs.  If they didnt want me as a customer, why didnt they just say so, instead of spoiling the reputation of a long-standing loyal customer with a police citation?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2014 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CVS-Pharmacy/Northville-Michigan-48167/CVS-of-Northville-MI-Carley-McNeill-Ast-Mgr-BANNED-FROM-CVS-Northville-Michigan-1129741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CVS Pharmacy

And you were totally innocent...right?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

I actually commend you for one thing.  Here you are a 65ish year old person with 10 years experience in Corrections.  Where even though it is a necessity for you to have a cart for balance, you are able to shovel snow without a problem for 10-15 minutes..just so you could get the cart through for balance.

It is actually fairly obvious what happened.  YOU couldn't and wouldn't as they say "let well enough alone" and apparently had to get the last word in.  Which is why I fully expect you to post an update here about how I am totally and 100% off base and don't know what the heck I am talking about.  In fact I would bet that even though you would be wrong you are going to accuse me of working for the company.  But when in fact you do that it shows that I probably hit at least a few points right on the head.

As I see it you complained when you entered the store.  You then on your own decided to shovel the snow.  You then go back in and complain again.   You also talk about going to the "back door".  So did you happen to get the shovel out of their stock room?  Did you go in their stock room at all?

But you don't stop there. You actually go back and complain for another couple of minutes.  Just how loud was your complaining.

It is interesting how when she was using her cell phone to call 9-1-1 you figured the matter was concluded and "immediatly" left the store.  Where most people would say you "high tailed" it out of there so you don't have a run in with the police, after all if you were in the right it is very obvious that someone like you would be more than willing to explain that to the police.

It wouldn't even be beyond the scope of this that you knew you were going to be issued a tresspass warning and figured if you left before that happened they couldn't give you one. At the very least, this entire incident could be the result of BOTH sides.  At worst you were the entire instigator. Oh and as a person in law enforcement you should know that a business has the right to forbid you from coming onto their PRIVATE property.

If they didnt want me as a customer, why didnt they just say so

- Umm...I think the Tresspass warning pretty much said that.