Complaint Review: CVS Pharmacy

• Updated: Wed, June 05, 2013

• Reported By: Allen — Prescott Valley Arizona
CVS Pharmacy
3025 N Windsong Drive Prescott Valley, Arizona USA

CVS Pharmacy Pharmacist said too bad you should have shopped around first Prescott Valley Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Doctors dont know

Lovastatin is one of the generac brand drugs. My doctor said good news because it should cost only $4.00. When I picked it up at the CVS Pharmacy, the pharmacy clerk charged me $40.66 for the 30 tablets. When I explained to the pharmacy clerk that I was told it would only cost $4.00 because it was generac, he said I was mistaken.

I told the misunderstanding to 2 friends. I was then told by my friend that they knew two pharmacies off the top of their heads that would have charged me $4.00 instead of $40.66. I phoned CVS pharmacy and explained that both Walmart and Fry's Grocery Pharmacy near by only charge $4.00 for what I picked up.

The pharmacy tech said:" thats because those places sell so much they can afford to have that price". She asked if I wanted to talk to the pharmacist. I asked the pharmacist if I could get a store credit return for the unopened bag and bottle because of the big price difference.

He said federal law prohipts him from doing that. and next time I am now informed, and have a nice day.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CVS-Pharmacy/Prescott-Valley-Arizona-86315/CVS-Pharmacy-Pharmacist-said-too-bad-you-should-have-shopped-around-first-Prescott-Valle-1056715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CVS Pharmacy

Doctors dont know

AUTHOR: 112 Lowers St - ()

Doctors dont know how much something is gonna cost at a pharmacy.  That would be like us (pharmacy team) knowing how much your dr is going to charge you for your checkup.  And yes the customer does have to take some responsibility.  If you had any questions regarding the price and why it was so much more than you thought, why did you complete the transaction?  You could have excused yourself from the store, did some research, and nicely asked the pharmacist to transfer it out to a pharmacy that did have it on a $4 list.  CVS does not have such a list.  Does your dr also tell you that your prescription will be ready by the time you get there?  Do not take that to be truth either.  Dr doesnt know how busy that pharmacy is at that time and the pharmacy waits on customers that are there first, so chances are there will be a wait.