Complaint Review: Cyber Cellular

• Submitted: Sat, July 25, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 25, 2009

• Reported By:Manhattan Beach California
Cyber Cellular
11009 Spring Hill Drive Spring Hill, Florida U.S.A.

Cyber Cellular Faulty product Spring Hill Florida

Original 'record' number: 73962
I ordered a "NEW SPRINT LG MM535 VIDEO CAMERAL SLIDE CELL PHONE 535" from Cyber Cellular through e-bay. Upon receipt, I found the battery kept a charge for less than an hour. Also, after 10 years with Sprint with no problem, I was unable to get a signal. I returned the phone at an out-of-pocket cost of $11.00 for an exchange.

A week later I received the replacement phone: "NEW SAMSUNG M510 SPRINT PCS PINK CAMERA MP3 CALL PHONE". I could not insert the charger so took the package to my local SPRINT store. You had sent the WRONG CHARGER. I bought a new charger (~$44 including tax) and the Sprint representative determined that the battery was beyond charging. The cell phone model was out-of-date and they no longer stocked the correct battery.

I realize your policy of 'only exchanges...no refunds', but mine is a case where I feel a refund is definitely due from Cyber Cellular. I can return the phone/dead battery/WRONG charger COD but do not feel that I should pay another shipping charge of $11.00 for a second mistake on the part of Cyber Cellular.

I had to buy another cell phone...my land line has no outgoing long distance capability and my friends and family all involve long distance calls. Under the circumstances, I am not interested in dealing with another 'replacement' and demand a refund.

Cynthia
Manhattan Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2009 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cyber-Cellular/Spring-Hill-Florida-34608/Cyber-Cellular-Faulty-product-Spring-Hill-Florida-473344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cyber Cellular