Complaint Review: Cyber Support

• Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: Andy — St Louis Missouri
Cyber Support
188 E 3RD St New York, New York USA

Cyber Support Did not proform the Computer Service that I paid for at a great cost. New York New York

*Consumer Comment: This company tried to Social Engineer me!!

I signed up for Cyber Support's Life Time Support on May 30, 2013. That I understand from your literature "life time" means only service for a period of five years. I paid Cyber Support the amount of $300 for this service. That amounts to $60 per year.

The reasons for my cancellation of Cyber Support is:

1. So many times I call Cyber Support with a problem and they say that it is not applicable to their services and tell me to go to someone else.

2. I discussed with them that I wanted to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 and they said they would help me. When I called for help they said why did I do that and told me to wait until Windows XP support stopped. They were very inconsiderate of my problem. I went to a third party that is similar to their service for $49 and they straightened me out.

3. I cannot understand their technicians. They do not speak good English. That is a major problem.

I emailed them stating all of the above and asked for a refund for four years of unused service which comes to $240. They immediately phoned me and told me there would be no refund. I ask them why. They told me in a very unprofessional way that is the way it is. Saying something that the money was already spent, which I did not understand.

I just hope that by me filing this complaint it keeps someone from being rippedoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cyber-Support/New-York-New-York-10009/Cyber-Support-Did-not-proform-the-Computer-Service-that-I-paid-for-at-a-great-cost-New-Y-1139128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cyber Support

This company tried to Social Engineer me!!

AUTHOR: vegas.gambler - ()

So this afternoon around noon local time I get a call on my house phone. Thick South Asian accent .The caller ID was blocked. His opening statement is : "Hello sir, I'm calling about the problem you have on your computer".

Recently I had the computer investigated for viruses malware and even hired a third company to help remove some of the nastier ones. Nevertheless I decide to play his game.

He continued by saying your windows operating system has a problem that needs fix; go there now and press windows + r ( opens the run prompt). I asked him how did he get the house number and he said that someone in the house hold signed up for the program but I highly doubt it as we've been away for months. He told me his company name is CyberSupport and that it is based in New York.

He asked me to enter the value event VWR in the run box that's when I stopped and eventually told him the right authorities have been informed.

5 minutes later I found a similar thread that provided a phone number of the company. A 1 800 number. I called and Im greeted with the same attitude and accent only this time there's a lady on the other line. She seems to be struggling understanding me so I try to slow down and be as clear as possible. She seems to confirm the fact that I might have been contacted by a "technician from her company" that wanted to "help". She also says someone might have been sign up for this service and that is how they got my number. But suddenly she started asking how did I get their number and when I told her through a Google search she told me that she has no idea what happened and that the people who I am trying to call are not actually on that line. (??!)

Any other authorities or hotlines we can inform?