• Report: #20436

• Reported By:Brandy Station VA
cybersonic toothbrush
www.sonictoothbrush.com Internet U.S.A.

cybersonic toothbrush ripoff internet Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't buy Cybersonic, throw it away. Buy SonicCare Brush.

I purchased the toothebrush Apr 20 2001. I called when I first got it because the base got hot. I was told it was OK and it was in the instructions that it would feel hot.

I was in the hospital from Aug 30 -Oct 6 and staying with parents until Dec 15. Toothbrush was not used during this time.

When I returned home and started to use toothbrush, it started to crack. I contacted the company via internet site and never got a response. The bottom broke completely out and I could not use. I received the extra brushes and gel and found the company adco on the invoice so I contacted them via their website because
I could not get an answer by phone. I still never heard anything.

I then got my credit card bill with a $14 charge and it had this 800 number. So, I called and spoke with Monica. She said they had no records of me contacting them and since the warranty expired April 20 (2 weeks ago, long after my contacting them) I could purchase a 3-yr extended warranty and have it replaced.

Well, I ask for a supervisor, she said there was none available and that someone would call me ASAP. I still haven't received a call.

I would not purchase a warranty because I felt the product did not perform as I expected from the beginning. The advertising I think was false. But, since I was the stupid person that bought it, I would use it. It was like any toothbrush.

But I feel that it breaking as it did during the warranty period and they will not replace it is not right. I can not get a copy of email because it is done through there website.

All in all. I think this is a big rip-off. They should have to fully reimburse all customers. I was charged $14 dollars a month and I didn't know it because I was ill and my husband just paid the bills. He didn't question the charges.

I appreciate all help I can get.

Lynn
Brandy Station, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2002 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cybersonic-toothbrush/internet/cybersonic-toothbrush-ripoff-internet-Internet-20436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cybersonic toothbrush

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Don't buy Cybersonic, throw it away. Buy SonicCare Brush.

AUTHOR: Wilson - ()

I am getting pretty tired reading all the complaints about the Cybersonic toothbrush. My advice is to throw away the Cybersonic crap, cancel the replacement brush shipments and buy a dentist recommended Sonicare toothbrush. So what if Sonicare advertises "free" replacement toothbrushes "for life". You have to pay $4.65 every three months for two brushes. Why can't Cybersonic just send you 80 brushes which would last you 10 years? Your checking account or credit card account is enslaved to Cybersonic for the life of the company or until you tell them to quit charging you. Also, Cybersonic's website show the extended 3-year warranty is $32. Well, this is a good deal if the company actually honors it and they have good customer service which apparently they don't.

I have seen the Sonicare brush in my dentist's office. You can buy the Sonicare handle and one brush for as low as $60 in some drugstores. I have seen replacement brushes in Sam's Clubs and Costco for much cheaper than the drugstores. I have used my Sonicare for years and the brushes don't get changed for six months or longer depending on the condition of the bristles. Check out Sonicare at www.sonicare.com.