Complaint Review: Cymax Stores

• Reported By: Donna cw — Waldorf Maryland
Cymax Stores
Cymax USA 12020 Sunrise Valley Drive Suite 100 Reston, Virginia USA

Cymax Stores Totally Disreputable Company, DO NOT USE!!! Reston Virginia

I bought three Nexera cabinets from Cymax stores that were described as lacquer on the company's website.  Immediately after receiving the items, I opened one of the three boxes to discover that the advertised lacquer cabinet was cheap laminate that peels off (some of it was already peeling) and the back of the cabinet was actually made of cardboard.  I went to the website under "My Account" as instructed and requested a return.  I uploaded pictures to show the peeling parts.

The company got back to me to say they needed pictures.  Stall tactic number one.  I told them that I had already uploaded pictures, but proceeded to email them the pictures again.  I called to follow up again and the next message I received offered to give me a 10% off my items.  I flatly declined.  Over the next several weeks, they continuously delayed my request with promises to expedite saying that they needed to hear back from Nexera and that they were waiting for a response from the company. [continued below]....

.....

After 3 weeks, I finally heard back from Cymax Stores, and the following is their resolution.  Basically, from the $344.85 I paid for the three cabinets, I would receive a refund of $30, plus I would be responsible for return shipping.  There was no mention of the peeling laminate or the fact that the items were deceptively advertised on Cymax's website:

"Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your purchase and would like to return your order. Our manufacturer has confirmed the item you received is correct therefore it will fall under our Standard Return Policy that is outlined on our website and agreed to at the time of purchase. If you would like to pursue a return, your refund will be the following:

Original Purchase:  $344.85
Restocking Fee:  $120.69
Outgoing Shipping Fee:  $
Return Shipping:  (you will be responsible for this cost)
Total Refund Due:  $30.00

Please let us know how you wish to move forward.

Cymax Resolutions"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2013 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cymax-Stores/Reston-Virginia-20191/Cymax-Stores-Totally-Disreputable-Company-DO-NOT-USE-Reston-Virginia-1056315. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cymax Stores