Complaint Review: D Auto Group, LLC

• Updated: Sat, October 26, 2013

• Reported By: Matt — Clearwater Florida
D Auto Group, LLC
13901 SW 143rd Court #8, Miami, Fl 33186 Miami, Florida USA

D Auto Group, LLC did not honor warranty, sold a car without working airbags and seatbelts!! Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Re: Just Curious...

*Consumer Comment: Just Curious

D Auto Group, LLC of Miami, FL...Damien Echauri did not honor the warranty given to ensure that all electronics were in working condition of the 2009 A6 Audi that I purchased.

He refused to take the car back within the warranty period.  He instructed me to facilitate the repairs and he would reimburse me.

The module was bad...he did not reimburse the expense.  Consequently, the airbags were not functional.  And the seatbelts were not functional!  All seatbelts needed to be removed from the car and repaired and/or replaced.  AGAIN, he did not reimburse me for the cost.

It would seem that it should be required that airbags and seatbelts be in working order for a car to be sold in Florida by a registered dealer, especially since it is the law in Florida to wear a seatbelt.

Damien Echauri, the apparent owner of D Auto Group, LLC stated that I was harassing him to get my reimbursement and that he would no longer return or answer my calls. [continued below]....

.....  I will let you, the consumer, decide if calling someone who legally owes you over $1900, is harassment or just trying to collect the funds that are owed to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2013 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/D-Auto-Group-LLC/Miami-Florida-33186/D-Auto-Group-LLC-did-not-honor-warranty-sold-a-car-without-working-airbags-and-seatbel-1094742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on D Auto Group, LLC

Re: Just Curious...

AUTHOR: Matt Mauro - ()

We purchased the car via an internet site.  I thought that I included that in the initial report.  It was shipped to us from Miami.  I have saved all the internet advertising, if you are really curious.  It certainly did not mention that seatbelts and airbags were not in working condition. In fact, the car was described as "Excellent condition, inside and out".  We were unaware that we were driving around with defective seat belts until after the "codes" in the module were reset by the Audi dealer...oh yea, at our cost.  Hope this answers your question.

Just Curious

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

How did the seatbelts work during the test drive?  What was the airbag indicator saying during that same test drive?