Complaint Review: D2 Models

• Reported By: ggilbert13 — Los Angeles California
D2 Models
11693 San Vicente Blvd # 823 Los Angeles, California USA

D2 Models Payment still not received after 68 days. Los Angeles California

On August 29th I was contacted by Skeets (CEO of D2 Models) for work on August 30th.  The payment terms were 45-60 days after completion of project. I accepted the project and performed the work.  Upon acceptance I filled out a "Booking Details Form", a "Check Authorization" form and a "W9" form.  The W9 form had my address filled out as required.

Once the project was completed I received an email stating, "Please take a moment as soon as possible to fill out our post assignment questionnaire (PAQ) since we'll need this information in order to invoice the client.  A delay in payment may occur if this questionnaire is not returned to us promptly."

With the exception of the last three questions (two requests for my opinion and one asking for further comments), the questionnaire mentioned above was asking me to repeat information they already had and had duplicates of.  I got upset at having my paycheck held for extortion ("A delay in payment may occur if this questionnaire is not returned to us promptly.").  I wrote a scathing response to the questionnaire (completed), stating that I was very angry.

On October 17th (day 48) I wrote an email to D2 Models stating that the 60 day mark was fast approaching and that my concerns about not being paid at the beginning (after being extorted) were valid.  I also asked if I would be paid soon. I received no response to this email.  On October 28th (Day 58) I wrote another email to Skeets requesting payment.  On October 28th I received an email from D2 Models Accounting department.  It stated that a check had been mailed to an address that had been defunct long before I signed up for the work and gave them my address on the W9.  I responded to this email twice on October 28th and once on October 29th, all of which have gone unanswered.  I wrote two emails to Skeets on November 1st, the second one asking if I could come by and pick up a check.  Skeets responded the same day stating, "Picking up a check is not an option as we outsource our accounting services.

You need to send any inquiries to accounting@d2models.com and our assistant will get back to you regarding whether the check has been returned to us and can be re-sent or if we need to do a stop payment and cut a new check".

I then called Skeets and over the phone he told me it was my fault because I had not updated my address on the D2 Models web site.  I stated that I filled out Federal Tax Forms with my current address and submitted them to him.  He stated that it is not his company's policy to cross reference addresses on the web site to ones on tax forms.  Skeets also stated that in his experience, the Post Office is so messed up that it takes them 3 to 4 weeks before they will return a letter sent to the wrong address.  He did offer to have me pay a $30.00 Stop Payment fee on the check and then he would issue me a new one.

As of today it has been 69 days since the completion of the project.  I have yet to receive a payment for this work.  A payment has been offered to me but only if I pay D2 Models money first.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2013 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/D2-Models/Los-Angeles-California-90049/D2-Models-Payment-still-not-received-after-68-days-Los-Angeles-California-1097746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on D2 Models