Complaint Review: Dahl Ford Of Davenport Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, June 30, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 26, 2008

• Reported By:Davenport Iowa
Dahl Ford Of Davenport Inc.
1310 E Kimberly Rd. Davenport, Iowa U.S.A.

Dahl Ford Of Davenport Inc. Dahl Ford is racist! On phone part testing free, in person $45. Davenport Iowa

*Consumer Comment: A true racist jumps to racism when something happens.

On Monday 06/23/08 & Tuesday 06/24/08 my brother (who is black) & I (i'm white) contacted Dahl Ford two times to inquire about getting a part tested. (The part was a window switch box for my drivers side window for my 97" Ford Taurus Sedan). After calling about 10 places on Monday, time ran out because we where calling late in the day. So we called Dahl Ford again on Tuesday. I personally talked to an associate so I could confirm that my brother was not mistaken as to what the technician said, So I didn't waste the gasoline going there for nothing. Also so I didn't waste time (Because my brother had to be some where on time).

When we got to Dahl Ford (at about 9:00 am? On Wednesday 06/25/08) we went into the shop to get my part checked out. My bro ran the part in for testing, while I stayed in the car. When he went in the associate the helped him excepted the part from him, he then asked him a few questions (the car info, nature of the problem) as they where walking out to my car. Once they got outside my bro was asking the car info. The associate looked over at me after bro repeated my answers, he said "To run the test the charge is $45.

On the phone in both conversations they confirmed that there would be no charge to run the test. And in person when my brother was inside the store a fee was not mentioned until they came outside. I don't know weather or not this associate from Dahl Ford is simply prejudice towards black people because my brother is black, or what. But all I know is I don't appreciate this one bit. I will never ever again do business with Dahl Ford in Davenport Iowa.

Please do not do business with Dahl Ford.

Courtney
Davenport, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dahl-Ford-Of-Davenport-Inc/Davenport-Iowa-52807/Dahl-Ford-Of-Davenport-Inc-Dahl-Ford-is-racist-On-phone-part-testing-free-in-person-45-345837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dahl Ford Of Davenport Inc.

A true racist jumps to racism when something happens.

AUTHOR: Aaron - (U.S.A.)

IMO this had nothing to do with racism. It was miscommunication.

Sounds like the part was not removed from the car. Maybe the person you talked to on the phone thought it would be literally just a part test. Testing that part once removed would have taken maybe 5 mins. Removing it would take at least 15-30mins. That is IMO where the price difference came from.