Complaint Review: DALI.COM - JOE NUZZOLO

• Submitted: Sat, September 06, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 30, 2008

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
DALI.COM - JOE NUZZOLO
1149 West 190th Street, Suite 2010 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

DALI.COM - JOE NUZZOLO FRAUD Silverstate fine art Los Angeles California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fraudulent Posting

In 1998 I bought a number of pieces of art from Joe Nuzzolo Silverstate Fine Art including The Persistence of Memory (he said it was a must have). I was told I could re sell the pieces at a profit to him in one year or less at a huge profit because the Dali market is blowing up, there is a new movie coming out. (all Lies) He said if any time I want to sell, all I would have to do is call him anytime.

I spent over 9 thousand dollars on art as an investment. I came on hard times two years later and tried to call this man to find he would not even take my calls. I called over and over he would not even buy back my art after i left a message to sell for half of what i payed. He is a true fraud and scam artist.

he went out of business for a while (not sure why)

Now i see the crook is back at his old game. He now runs The Salvador Dal Society. Ha ha I bet he is back to his old tricks

All I can say is buyer beware this man is a lier and a theif.

be warned !!

Ted
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2008 12:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DALICOM-JOE-NUZZOLO/Los-Angeles-California-90248/DALICOM-JOE-NUZZOLO-FRAUD-Silverstate-fine-art-Los-Angeles-California-370296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DALI.COM - JOE NUZZOLO

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fraudulent Posting

AUTHOR: Joe Nuzzolo - (U.S.A.)

This report is a Hoax. There is another posting about us by Bill R. of Worthington OH. Unlike the name on this posting, I know Bill R. very well. He is a client and a friend. He has personally posted a rebuttal that states he did NOT write the report. So who wrote these reports?

We have reason to believe that both reports were filed by a competitor in response to being exposed for fraudulent business practices. This individual is sending the links of the postings to many of our clients in an attempt to defame us. The reason for this, is that we have exposed the truth about certain Dali sculptures he sells. I invite you to check out our website, Dali.com, click "Gallery" and then "Decorative sculptures." You can read about the scandalous methods in which buyers are taken for these Dali sculptures.

The Dali Society believes in transparency in the marketplace and I provide honest, investigative information in my work as an advocate of the Dali collector. As a vigilant Dali collector's advocate, having exposed those who sell fakes and misrepresented works, I have secured refunds in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for collectors who have been ripped off. As a result, I have made enemies of the criminal dealers. The apparent individual who placed this posting, the same one who is sending it to our clients, was arrested in 1988 for 12 counts of securities fraud and later as fugitive from justice. He apparently made a deal and walked, while his partner did jail time. So now he thumbs his nose at law enforcement and professional ethics.

I know of a case where he sold and shipped a Dali sculpture to a client in 2004. Then in 2006 he (the dealer) filed a police report stating the sculpture had been stolen from his own residence. This was long after he had shipped the sculpture to the client. He then filed an insurance claim and collected thousands of dollars. Does that sound like insurance fraud to you?

We exposed him for this as well, and he is bitter because he now has to make restitution. Today, he continues an obsessive campaign of harrassment and threats against myself, my family and our company. There was a recent attempt to personally extort me to remove my findings about the Dali sculptures. Despite this, the truth about the Dali Sculptures remains on my website, Dali.com. It is my personal commitment to put the power in the hands of the buyer by providing the real information about Dali works.

If you think you have been ripped off in the Dali market, contact me at 1-888-888-DALI or write to me at joe@dali.com. I have worked with law enforcement authorities in matters regarding the artwork of Salvador Dali. I am especially interested in any purchases of Dali sculptures and how the works were represented to you.

Beware of any dealer who sells you these works based on a recent auction result or claims they are by "the hand of Dali." Let me quote the June 26th, 2008, auction catalog of Bloomsbury auctions in London when describing the Dali sculptures, "Nobility of Time" and "Homage to Fashion." Under the lots it reads as follows: "Nobility of Time is derived from an original two dimensional work in gouache on paper by the artist dated 1977, and cast posthumously." In regard to "Homage to Fashion" it reads: "Homage to Fashion is derived form an original two dimensional work in gouache on paper by the artist, dated 1971, and cast posthumously."

That means that someone else looked at the painting and interpreted it into a three dimensional work. Dali did not create the sculpture. It also means it was cast after Dali's death, so the individual sculpture is not signed or approved by Dali. We applaud Bloomsbury for following our lead in bringing transparency to these often misrepresented products.

It is this type of effort that makes us, The Salvador Dali Society, the most trusted source for authentic Dali works in the United States. We maintain the highest standards of authenticity in the world. We work closely with; The Dali Archives in New York, key members of the Appraiser's Association of America, and The Salvador Dali Research Committee. Visit our website, Dali.com and take the opportunity to read quotes from veritable "Who's Who" of Dali experts, attesting to our integrity.

In addition let it be known that this the fraudster claims he paid $9,000 for "a number of pieces" that included The Persistence of Memory. Currently the Persistence of Memory alone is listed for between $15,000 and $20,000. If he purchased this along with OTHERS for only $9,000, he in fact did very well. But that is a moot point since the posting is fraudulent.

You can rest assured, that as long as I am alive, I will never give into the threats and extortion tactics perpetuated by under handed Dali dealers. You, as a Dali buyer, will always be protected.

Joe Nuzzolo