Complaint Review: Dallas County Sheriff Department

• Updated: Wed, September 26, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Garland Texas United States of America
Dallas County Sheriff Department
Dallas, Texas United States of America

Dallas County Sheriff Department forced entry into my home and handcuffed me Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: No legal right

*Consumer Comment: I see stacy opens her big mouth once again she never knows when to keep it shut people on this site can't take what they dish out

*Consumer Comment: Stupid report

*Consumer Suggestion: What part of FELONY WARRANT...

*Consumer Comment: Your daughter

a person came to my door had a piece of paper, I opened the door to see what he wanted, he had a felony arrest warrant for my middle aged daughter. I told him she does not live here and is not here. He forced his way into my house told me to sit on the couch while he looked I did not. I do not allow anyone to wonder through my house. He put me in handcuffs and made me sit down. He was no more than a common thug. He entered my property without authorization and terrorized me and my handicapped husband. If this is what we pay taxes for I would prefer to take care of myself. I will file a formal complaint however I know how these people stick together and lie.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2011 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dallas-County-Sheriff-Department/Dallas-Texas-/Dallas-County-Sheriff-Department-forced-entry-into-my-home-and-handcuffed-me-Dallas-Texa-757152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dallas County Sheriff Department

No legal right

AUTHOR: TRUE - (United States of America)

In order for a law enforcement personnel to enter a thrid parties' residence under an arrest warrant is that they have permission or exigent circumstances.  Just because the warrant is a felony warrant doesn't change the constitution.  The Supreme Court ruled on this in the Steagald v United States case in 1981.  If the person on the arrest warrant does not live there then they will have to acquire a search warrant short of the owners permission.

AUTHOR: Charles - (USA)

I see stacy opens her big mouth once again she never knows when to keep it shut people on this site can't take what they dish out.

Stupid report

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

You were served a FELONY warrant therefore you should have allowed the Deputies to search your home. YOU screwed up! Be glad you aren't at Lew Sterrett sitting in a jail cell for inpeding a Police Investigation.  I suggest you blame you Daughter for breaking the law.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

What part of FELONY WARRANT...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

do you not understand?

The warrant (from the court) gives them permission to enter and if necessary search your home.

You're lucky they didn't arrest you for obstructing them.

Perhaps you should have also raised your daughter so as not to do things that generate FELONY WARRANTS.

You don't have a leg to stand on.

Your daughter

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Why were they looking for your middle aged daughter?

Isn't that the key here? They apparently thought you were hiding her.