occasions

• Updated: Sun, November 10, 2013

• Reported By: Ron — Dallas Texas
Dallas Dart Bus System
Dallas, Texas USA

Dallas Dart Bus System Dart Bus 400 going towards carrollton Saturday 11/9/13 at 4:00pm Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: News update call from Dart Compliant Dept

*Consumer Comment: Sorry to Hear About Your Experience with Dart

Saturday November 9th I was taking the Dart bus to work and I had a terrible experience with the bus driver for the second time . I purchased a two hour pass and took the 39 bus downtown to the west end transit center. I usually get the 183 bus to the Addison transit and take the 400 bus to work. So I take three buses to get to work . I am handicapped and just recovered enough to go back to work in July after being released from my doctor to return back to work. I was out from work for three years and had being living with chronic pain for ten years. So on Saturday afternoon the bus 183 taking it's usual path goes on the toll road and the traffic was really bad and caused me to miss my next bus the 400 leaving the Addison Station towards my work . So I waited 1 hour for the next bus. I was just having a good day and thinking about how happy I was to be working again. So the bus pulls up and I stood there waiting for the previous riders to get off the bus. As I stepped on the bus I noticed that a young girl asking if she had enough time to go into the station the use the bathroom. Well he replied kind of like a politician and pretty much told her no promises that he would wait ....so she remained on the bus. So as I approach the driver I asked him if this bus turns right on beltline or left . ( there are two buses that are numbered 400 sometimes it's 401 , one takes a left to go to Garland Texas and the other takes a right to Carrollton.) So his response to me was so vague that he replies " why are all you people talking to me at the same time . ( Which was not true ) The driver had finished his conversation with the young girl I waited for them because I am polite) I respect people which is rare today ! So I went to scan my pass and it expired by 30 minutes. I asked the driver again does this bus turn right or left on Beltline Road and he said ( your pass is expired, I explained that the traffic on the toll road made me miss my bus. He continued to be rude to me and would not answer my simple question. He demanded that I purchase another ticket , I bought another one and asked him again the question. I said you never answered my question and he continued to be disrespectable to me .) Another women was sitting down and told me that this is the right bus. I said to the driver that I was going to turn him in to his supervisor and he yelled at me several times and asked me if I wanted his ID #. I said no I don't need it because I have called on him before, and I will call and report him. I was so upset it ruined my whole night. I have turned this guy in once before and perhaps he figured I was the one that caused him to have a talk with his supervisor . He was mean to me before. Never in my life would I expect so much bigotry here in Dallas but folks it's alive and some cultures still hate white people. But do they realize that white people helped slaves via the underground railway back in the day when slavery was legal? I want this guy fired and if this happens again I will be prepared with a tape recorder and find a lawyer to sue the city for this man should not be driving a bus for the city of Dallas,he has anger issues which can turn to road rage. I even wonder if they do a criminal report check before they hire their employees. (((redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2013 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dallas-Dart-Bus-System/Dallas-Texas-75219/Dallas-Dart-Bus-System-Dart-Bus-400-going-towards-carrollton-Saturday-11913-at-400pm-D-1098306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dallas Dart Bus System

News update call from Dart Compliant Dept

AUTHOR: Ron - ()

I just received a call from the complaint department and The man that I talked to was answering my 1st complaint . He went on to explain that this driver was a fill in and that he didn't know his route. And he explained that the driver did not know the answer to my question because he was a fill in. I told him that I didn't believe him and why would the bus sent a driver to do a route when the driver didn't know where he was going. Hog wash . I explained to him about the news article that was on TV Nov 1st when an television reporter went and saw the paper work that several drivers have 100s of complaints and they still are working there. I asked him if they have a zero tolerance to these complaints and he said he did not know. Hog wash ! Another thing I mentioned that the driver did not respond to my question because he didn't know the route. He said the driver said he was sorry . Hog wash this is just a way to get my case filled and forget about the rude drivers they have. I mentioned that I have a problem with just "sorry " . He was making excuses and that's all. They are not sorry . I told him that I sent a copy of the news clipping dated Nov 1 2013 and asked why some drivers have several hundred complaints and he said that most of them are for buses that are late ...What a bunch of bull.

I am taking this to the federal level because I am handicapped and have talked to the Federal Transit Administration for the disabled. I want to see an internal audit on their employees and the reports that some of these bus drivers who have hundreds of complaints against them. I want to press charges on The Dallas Dart System, and see that this corrupt company ran by the government gets their crap together.

Sorry to Hear About Your Experience with Dart

AUTHOR: PLATO44 - ()

I am not originally from Dallas or even Texas and I am Black. However, yes you are correct when you say that Dallas has some terriblely rude Dart Bus Drivers. I too have had several encounters with at least two of them who never smiled, were always rude to customers and yes I too have also called in and reported them. Not sure if anything was ever done. And these drivers were black and I am black. I know its easy to assume its because of race but like I said in my case it wasn't as both of us were black.

These guys don't make much but that certainly is no excuse to be rude. There are plenty of people who can take their place and who would love a stable job like that. It is very competitive to find a job now, especially with a government agency like Dart. They have great benefits and job security although the pay is lacking.

I hope it gets better for you. Thanks for sharing. You did the right thing when you shared your experiences.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC