Complaint Review: Damon Mayer, Pymt Department

• Updated: Sun, July 20, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Somerville Tennessee
Damon Mayer, Pymt Department
7011 High Life Drive Houston, Texas USA

Damon Mayer, Pymt Department Secret ShopperDiscount Powersupremeshopperinc@gmail.comCompass Bank Overdraft Settlement SECRET SHOPPER Houston Texas

I received an instruction letter, along with a check payable to me in the amount of $2,130.00 on July 19, 2014.   The letter states the check is a cashier's check.  It is not.  I just happen to know the difference.  This was a business check.  The Payor was Compass Bank Overdraft Settlement, Portland, OR.  The instruction letter instructs you to deposit the check, or cash it, immediately.  I was instructed to keep $200.00 of the $2,130.00 as my salary.  Then I was instructed to go to Walgreens/CVS/Rite Aid Store with the cash and purchase Green Dot Money Pak Refill Cards (4 separate ones - 1) $500.00, 2) $500.00, 3) $500.00 with the 4th one in the amount of $400.00.  Then you are instructed to "get back with them" and give "them"  the 4 Green Dot Money 14-digit secret pin numbers. They in turn obtain the $1,900.00.   Since I had heard of this scheme before, I did not deposit or cash the check.  Had I done that, the check would have been returned to my banking account as an insufficient check throwing me in the overdraft at my bank.  This is indeed why the Payor's name on the check is Compass Bank Overdraft Settlement.   All I can say to other people out there is:  If you receive one of these checks, along with an instruction letter, do not, I repeat do not deposit or cash this check.  This is a scam and an expensive one too.  Report this scam, then throw the letter and check away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2014 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Damon-Mayer-Pymt-Department/Houston-Texas-77066/Damon-Mayer-Pymt-Department-Secret-ShopperDiscount-PowersupremeshopperincgmailcomCompa-1163555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Damon Mayer, Pymt Department