Complaint Review: DATA COMPLIANCE SERVICES

• Submitted: Thu, July 05, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 30, 2012

• Reported By: DUPEDbyQB/INTUIT/DATACOMPLIANCESERV — sacramento California United States of America
DATA COMPLIANCE SERVICES
7349 N.VIA PASEO DEL SUR #515 Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

DATA COMPLIANCE SERVICES River Cohen ,chief executive officer, Misrepresented corporate id by using Quickbooks/INTUIT logo. NEVER provided services per contract. Withdrew FUNDS from my bank account w/o authorization. Continuing to infiltrate my business operating Scottsdale, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Is the source credible

thank you for the opportunity to report a company's questionable business practices.

to date (as of this morning, 7/5/20012...DATA COMPLIANCE SERVICES continues to charge and overdraft my account for services NOT (and never) rendered.

they have cost my business, including the choice to terminate my Point-of-Sale system with Quickbooks after the gross mishandling of my complaint and the service of their third-party (mis)-representativesapproximately, $6,000. The amount of money, extracted/extorted from my PERSONAL, PRIVATE, WELLS FARGO BUSINESS OPERATING ACCOUNT has been, to date, $1,200.

here is one of several 'summaries' i've posted...either with the Better Business Bureau, the FTC, the Attorney General's office and other 'forums' in an effort to make this business accountable for it's gross negligence, aggressive misrepresentation and egregious actions against businesses that trusted them with sensitive and vital information.

Anyone's feedback or suggestions is welcome. I'd even be willing to hear from SOMEONE from this ORGANIZATION, as I've made COUNTLESS attempts to reach all parties, with calls going UNANSWERED, messages UNRETURNED and actions (on the VERY limited times there was contact) NEVER FOLLOWED THROUGH.

Greetings~
I'm posting to this conversation, as I'm an outraged victim of CONTINUED SCAMS, A REVERSAL OF AN AGREED-UPON REFUND TO MY BUSINESSES' OPERATING ACCOUNT, and CONTINUED UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO MY FUNDS from both Data Compliance Services AND now, from what I can see by other consumer complaints filed, by QUICKBOOKS/INTUIT, as well.
This all began around the same time Mr. or Ms. MDANK filed their complaint. I was using the Quickbooks POINT OF SALE software and called their company (the 800 number provided on their customer service link on their website). I expressed my interest in combining my POS with my Merchant Card Services to save money AND to have a comphrehensive system which might provide much-needed marketing and customer outreach.
I was contacted by who I thought was a QB/INTUIT employeeonly to find out, after more than ONE YEAR of DCS not meeting the criteria promised for my business to utilize their services (a 'compimentary pinpad' AND what would have been one year of 'complimentary tech support so my staff and I could learn the system and benefit from the features they claimed came with this package).

IT IS NOW ALMOST A YEAR AND A HALF since I inititiated the relationship between my company and who I THOUGHT was QUICKBOOKS/INTUIT, only to find, after much aggravation and run around, that the company EXTRACTING MONEY FROM MY BUSINESS' OPERATING ACCOUNT FOR SERVICES NEVER RENDERED, is DATA COMPLIANCE SERVICES, a third-party company who's employees DO NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS (unless it's in their best interest. in this case, i DID receive a call back only AFTER FILING COMPLAINTS with the ARIZONA BBB, and the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION.
Cutting to the chase (which, in this matter, is practically impossible as it's been 18 months of sheer hell, none of which, as far as I can tell, is ending any time soon), this DATA COMPLIANCE SERVICES has used the access I originally granted them to my businesss operating account for the sole purpose of processing credit cards.
This was initiated but never completed as I didn't receive equipment or call backs in order to fully implement a changeover from my existing Merchant Card Service with Wells Fargo.

HOWEVER, subsequent to the MUTUAL TERMINATION of our business relationship and DCS' willingness to grant me a refund for the months and bank fees I was charged for a service that was never fully activated (they had clearly 'activated' the billing procedure on their end but failed to follow up by providing me the equipment and/or training required to safely terminate my credit card system with Wells Fargo and begin utilizing the services of..NOT QUICKBOOKS, NOT INTUIT...but DATA COMPLIANCE SERVICES...who by the way, up until the point I discovered it was THEM and NOT QB/INTUIT I was doing business with...they added the QB/INTUIT logo as part of their signature line (...my representatives were Dave Pringle and Missy Munoz...are these familiar names to anyone in this forum?)...in order to falsely lead me to believe THAT was the company I was doing business with.

Again, cutting BACK to the chase, to date, this business 'relationship' has cost me almost $1,000 in unauthorized charges and subsequent bank overdraft fees as, quite naturally, not being privvy to the fact they were debiting my account monthly, despite my request to 'terminate' our relationship. I must mention, after much aggravation, phone calls and being passed around like a bad cold they did FINALLY agree to refund me the $365 in fees which they acknowledged had been wrongfully debited.

Imagine my complete and utter surprise when, their company, seeing I had filed a complaint with the FTC and the BBB, they unilaterally 'retrieved my bank account information' (as they apparantly NEVER destroyed it, per my request), but RESCINDED the ORIGINAL REFUND (without warning and without my authorization.
To date, THIS MOST RECENT EGREGIOUS ACTION on the part of DCS has again, compounded damages with weekly overdraft fees from the extraction of the oringal refund, to the point my operating account has not had a consistent positive balance in over 6 weeks.
ANYONE in this discussion board wondering whether DCS is possibly conducting shady, illegal or such as bait and switch business practices and the illegal use of highly private, highly sensitive information like social security numbers and bank account numbers should be WARNED...this COMPANY IS CRIMINAL.

If ANYONE would be interested in seeing ANY of the evidence I've saved to  prove that this is so much more than a disgruntled complaint, but a situation that might warrant class action, is welcome to contact me via this 'network'.
My only concern is if DCS/QUICKBOOKS/INTUIT are monitoring this discussion board, my post MAY be deleted and never reach it's intended audience (other naive and vulnerable small business owners). However, I assure you, I'm copying this and saving it along with all of the other hard evidence, data and proof of 'extortion' I've been forced to endure during this 18-month business owner's worst nightmare.
Thank you for opening this discussion. I hope I've made a valuable contribution to the group conscience.

Audrey Wells
SOLE PROPRIETRESS
FRINGE/CALIFORNIA
audrey@FRINGE21.com
In the event you have further questions or comments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DATA-COMPLIANCE-SERVICES/Scottsdale-Arizona-85253/DATA-COMPLIANCE-SERVICES-River-Cohen-chief-executive-officer-Misrepresented-corporate-i-907283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DATA COMPLIANCE SERVICES

Is the source credible

AUTHOR: jay chase - (United States of America)

i have personally worked with Data Compliance Services and they were a delight to work with.  I have been taken advantage of before and this is the First company to ever take the time and explain all the fees----they even sent me a complimentary copy of Quickbooks!

DCS was the first company that ever pointed out the exposures that exist in the marketplace and they facilitated my PCI-DSS compliance certificate.  This is not a scam and the best decision i have made for my company.

Thank you DCS, and i strongly recommend them!