Complaint Review: dataretrieval.com

• Submitted: Wed, January 18, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 18, 2012

• Reported By: Natalia — San Diego California United States of America
4445 Eastgate Mall, Suite 200 San Diego, California United States of America

dataretrieval.com DATARETRIEVAL.COM is a very well done internet scam San Diego, California

I wish I could have read all these reports  before.

dataretriever.com  is a complete scam. A very well planned scam, I have to admit . According   to their web site there are more than 40 locations in USA and Canada.  My business experience  is with the  San Diego office at 4445 Eastgate Mall, Suite 200, San Diego, California 92121.

On or about  December  8, 2011 I dropped my  broken external  hard drive off  at  the  address above  for  free  diagnostic  assessment  and  a price quote.

My drop off receipt states: " If you decide not to proceed with recovery (after we finish the assessment and provide you with a price quote), please contact your service representative with a request to return your media before picking it up from our office. We will not be able to release your media, unless your order is scheduled for pick up and your case is in unlocked status. [continued below]....

Two weeks after I received a long email  from account manager Chris Mills describing how hard it is to retrieve data from my broken (due to the mechanical failure) HD ,  announcing the cost of $ 1590  with $ 299  non-refundable down payment which they never mentioned before. I refused to proceed.  My policy is no data-no money.

He contacted me again offering to forward my case to promotional team  to find any discounts available.  Really?   It felt  like  high  pressure Timeshare  sales  tactics. I refused to do so and requested him to get my HD ready for me to pick up according to my receipt.

Several days after I received a phone call from another person  Shawn Johns informing me that my
media  had been shipped  somewhere  else ( obviously without my consent) and I have to pay the shipping and handling fee in order to get  it back.  Then I received an email from the same person threatening me that after 10 business days they will permanently dispose my media for security purposes.  I emailed him back refusing to pay, saying that I am ready to pick it up from the same place I  dropped it off, referring him to their own receipt attached to my email. Since January 14, 2012 I  havent  received  any response from  them  even I sent a several  emails  and  left a message at  800-399-71-50 ext. 317.

Ive already filed a complaint with the BBB. I  am not planning to stop on that. I dont like to be threatened. If I will not get my media back soon in the same condition , I will file a lawsuit against them.

Does somebody know their fictitious business name? Their booklets, web site or receipt  dont have any of  this information which is  an additional proof of this business being a scam.

Somebody mentioned the CEOs  name is  Dmitriy Belkin?   ??????
??-??????  - ???? ?? ??????????!
Dont  do business with them!  its a scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2012 10:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dataretrievalcom/-San-Diego-California-92121/dataretrievalcom-DATARETRIEVALCOM-is-a-very-well-done-internet-scam-San-Diego-Califor-824952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dataretrieval.com