Complaint Review: dataretrieval.com

• Reported By: Phramer — Columbia Maryland USA
dataretrieval.com
Shaker Heights, Ohio United States of America

dataretrieval.com Deceptive, Unprofessional, Unethical Shaker Heights, Ohio

While this company did manage to recover my data from a crashed server, the "customer service" and communication was horrible.

Their website made it look as if they were local (Baltimore MD) when, in fact, the work is done in Shaker Heights OH. I wasn't told that so I expected faster service. My customer service rep disappeared for a week leaving me without any contact. He then claimed to be "bedridden" and "has 40 accounts" to deal with and was "caught in the middle" just like me.

When I finally did get my damaged drive back, it looked as if it had been opened with a hammer. The hardware was literally rolling around in the casing. They even ripped off my 8gbs of RAM!

After I filed a formal complaint with the Cleveland BBB, dataretrieval.com's response contained several  statements that I can prove to be fraudulent.

I finally received a phone call from Dmitry Belkin, the CEO, who finally offered to return $500 from a $7000 fee, but only on the condition that I remove all my statements from this site as well as terminate my complaint with the BBB.

I have an email trail to demonstrates this company's lack of accountability and service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2012 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dataretrievalcom/Shaker-Heights-Ohio-/dataretrievalcom-Deceptive-Unprofessional-Unethical-Shaker-Heights-Ohio-817266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dataretrieval.com